Valentine Stealth unit in cluster

Alax7

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was originally going to cut the "RPM" off and place the stealth unit there, but once I had everything off, there some stuff in the way on the back of the cluster. The next best option was this, pictured below, or cut out the advance trac and put it in it's place. This was the best place I found without taking anything away from the cluster.I did this on my extra cluster so the one on mine will be cut better.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions on where else I can place it?

DSCN0105.jpg

DSCN0097.jpg

DSCN0093.jpg

I like it! What used to be there? Just blank space?

I was thinking up by the advance trac, but if there was just blank space where you have it now I say keep/put it there. Looks clean..:cool:

So I had a dumb moment. I shape and sized the cut according to the face of the stealth unit, which I trimmed off some of the unnecessary plastic, but the circuit board is still close to it's normal size. I can leave it there, but the added length would cover the cruise control light. So it's either no more cruise control or no more advance trac, what do you guys say? I'm leaning toward no more cruise control, dont use it much, plus it's easy to tell if it's on or not.

Who needs to see the advancetrac light though.. Who even keeps it on? :p

Looks good though.. Still up for buying those needles when your done.. ;)

I'll try it and see how it fits. You only want the needles?

Nice. Thatll look good. And yea cruise control is not that important to see.

Well what parts where you going to use. I was going to cut that little square whole through it all to make sure it fit once it's pieced together.

The clear one? I hadn't at first, but then I as trying to take it off and apparently, you can't pull it off without it breaking, so yeah now it's broken.

I have made all the cuts I need to to ensure the stealth unit will fit. Hopefully I can do this to my cluster this week

Hey Alex, can you tell me if the black bezel/frame that goes around the gauges can be completely separated from everything else or not? I have an idea to paint just that silver so it matches/compliments the silver pieces of the vents/radio/climate controls. Kind of a reverse of what you did with your gauge faces.

alex you might want to get your thumb looked at...think it might be broken...

Nah its called double jointed... Mine bents back further, no homo..

no homo, love it...but for real alex can you tint that lil peice so when the cars off everythings black until you turn it on and the arrows light up...just me being canadian radar is illegal.

The clear platic is melted on to the black housing, I broke this one trying to take it apart. You can't pull it off, you would need to cut it apart and then glue it back on.

The silver gauges aren't mine, it's silverls.

I don't think its double jointed. There are 2 types of thumbs, the weird ones that go straight and the normal ones that bend at 45degrees. Just like ear lobbes, if that's how you spell it lol, some have them attached and some dont

Oh by the way I finished this mod 2 days ago but didn't take pics yet. I will today
You could tint the arrows and such but it blends in Pretty well. It didn't come out perfect like I wanted it to since I couldn't take the clear plastic off, but for the summer, I'm planning on buying another cluster and cutting the clear plastic off to make it easier to install, then just having ford program the new cluster

Hmmm, don't think I want to risk breaking mine in trying to separate the clear plastic. Oh well, it could have been a good idea.

You would just have to cut it with a dremel

Members online

No members online now.
Back