V8 vs. V6 Differences

CTX-SLPR

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Howdy,

Do the V8's really have aluminum rear brake calipers?

Are the front cradles different between the V6's and V8's?

Thanks,

Rear calipers are not aluminium on any LS. Who ever said that?

I like the part where for the 2003 MY, "ceiling improved by 20%"

What does that even mean? I'm sure it's a valid statement, like saying the console glovebox was improved by 80%, but it's just a weird way of saying it.

Anyway, it says for the 2002 model year a 132mph governor was added to V8 models. I read somewhere earlier that Gen 1 [V8?] Sports have no governor (though they conk out at ~137 anyway). Can anyone clarify that? My 02 V8 Sport was built 5/17/02. I took it up to that speed once and it felt like I was hitting a governor, though watching the exact activity of your engine is not quite your priority. Drops in speed could have coincided with slight hills

I think being built that late means I have the updated timing chain tensioners, correct?

I like the part where for the 2003 MY, "ceiling improved by 20%"

What does that even mean? I'm sure it's a valid statement, like saying the console glovebox was improved by 80%, but it's just a weird way of saying it.

Sealing* Probably has something to do with air/water ability to enter or exit the cabin which would be measured. I've seen a test where they pump smoke into cabins and see how much escapes, I'm assuming something like that.

Are the front cradles different between the V6's and V8's?

RockAuto (not the authority I know) lists the same motor mount part number for both V8's and V6's both in the same year (2003) and across to 2006.

Looks like the cradles are the same but wanted to check.

Sealing* Probably has something to do with air/water ability to enter or exit the cabin which would be measured. I've seen a test where they pump smoke into cabins and see how much escapes, I'm assuming something like that.

Oops. I actually read ceiling. I thought maybe only the back of the headliner falls down instead of both the back and moonroof area. Thanks for the catch...

Members online

No members online now.
Back