V8 supercharger

I believe its $6 for the prototype supercharger, and installation on your LS is included in that cost along with necessary exhaust work and some other minor things.

are there any supper chargers for the 95 continental and about how moch would it cost
just somthing that not 5000 dollars lol
im thinking

Frogman said:
Maybe I'm reading the auction wrong, but just in case I'm not... These guys want 6,000 dollars to install a used blower on an LS? How much extra is the blower then?

I don't know about you all, but for $6,000 Im sure you LS guys could easily have a nice hipo engine rebuild done.

Go price some of the Kenne Bell limited production stuff. That will jump start your heart too. I would say his pricing...albiet very expensive...is right in line with everything else out there that has a very limited market. After all, you sure can't expect the same price that the small block Chevy guys pay!

Due to recent rises in gas prices, Ive retired my LS as my daily driver. I picked up a 84 honda civic shuttle-wagon for two hundred bucks, and it has been getting me to work and back in a very cost effective and reliable manner (so far) ever since.

So you guys are probaly now wondering "what the heck does that have to do with a supercharged ls?" Well, now that I dont have to worry about getting good gas mileage in the LS, Im even more determined than ever to find a SC setup for it... which leads me to a couple of questions for both the ThomasKnight and SVC crews...

-what is the estimated time for your production super chargerkits to hit the market
-What all will be included in the package
-I live on the eastcoast, Who's gunna tune this thing if I can't come to you
-What kind of warentees are offered with the kits
-What is the estimated costs for the kits

I dont have a very good knolegde of what it takes to get a supercharger setup or how you would tune the LS for it, so Im gunna need help to get it working when I get one, how would I go about doing that? about how much should I exspect to spend doing it?

Well sir... fortunately, I don't have to, for you see, I have a REAL motor under the hood. a DOHC 4.6, for which there is quite a bit of aftermarket. :p

/jab

Seriously though, I know Kenne Bell is spendy. And they don't even make their own blowers. They import them from a Company called Lysholm.

http://www.opcon.se/index.asp?sPage=1&langID=2&cID=14

SVC LS blower installation

as I mentioned before, when the time comes and we are 100% ready to announce the final specs and prices on the intercololed production system, we will.
we were eager four years ago to announce our development of the supercharger kit(There was a great deal of euphoria and excitement), but at that time it was very hard to get a decent program written for the LS and T bird computer that actually worked how WE wanted it to, now we have it nailed thanks to some very perseverant programmers!
So, this website and our own will be the launch pad for info and discussions on the forthcoming product, but for now we are focussing on having a LVC member have the in house installation done at the special rate of $6k.
thanks guys for noticing our responses to comments made, it only takes a few negative comments in the "virtual" world to truly cause problems in the 'real' world, we understand the internet is a tool, but it shouldnt be used for trying to dig someones grave!

GranPappy said:
So you guys are probaly now wondering "what the heck does that have to do with a supercharged ls?" Well, now that I dont have to worry about getting good gas mileage in the LS, Im even more determined than ever to find a SC setup for it... which leads me to a couple of questions for both the ThomasKnight and SVC crews...

If the tuning is done right, you might gain gas mileage with a SC. When I installed a Kenne Bell on my Mustang, my gas mileage went up in the city, slightly. That was after installing bigger injectors and a different MAF, also. I had full control over the computer, so I was able to tune it properly, and that is what it is all about.

Glad the Civic is working out for you. I have considered something like that too, but it would be quite a while before I would break-even on gas, even with these prices, buying a 4 banger and insuring it.

lsbit said:
If the tuning is done right, you might gain gas mileage with a SC. When I installed a Kenne Bell on my Mustang, my gas mileage went up in the city, slightly. That was after installing bigger injectors and a different MAF, also. I had full control over the computer, so I was able to tune it properly, and that is what it is all about.

Glad the Civic is working out for you. I have considered something like that too, but it would be quite a while before I would break-even on gas, even with these prices, buying a 4 banger and insuring it.

correct, the extra air with a supercharger does give you better MPG. When we supercharge H2's we can get 18mpg at around 60mph on a flat road with no headwind!
I will contact a client who has our r+d LIncoln LS we recently sold. It was fitted with our prototype blower, the same set up we are currently offering, and I'll see if he has worked out his MPG yet, it will interesting to compare, maybe everyone getting blowers is the future!
But when you put your right foot into it, the MPG goes to the dogs, but what do you expect with a car that can do 150mph, and get there quickly. I gave up once at 130mph, didnt have the balls at the time to go any faster!

I hope it does more than 150, people are hitting 145ish bone stock. How does it sound at WOT? And was there anything done to the rear?

KD00LS said:
I hope it does more than 150, people are hitting 145ish bone stock. How does it sound at WOT? And was there anything done to the rear?
maybe it does more, they ran out of track to go any faster, this was not on the open road.
so let's say some othyer LS's go 145mph, this will exceed that and get there quicker. A lot quicker.
We didnt put a low ratio rear end if that is what you are asking. The last one of those we did on a Jag s type r, it ran 3.9 secs 0-60, with re-machined pulleys for the blower too. Odometer out by 20%, we re-calibrated the speedometer to compensate.
But on the LS, we did not do this, it would ruin its top speed.

Last edited:
Frogman said:
Well sir... fortunately, I don't have to, for you see, I have a REAL motor under the hood. a DOHC 4.6, for which there is quite a bit of aftermarket. :p

/jab

Seriously though, I know Kenne Bell is spendy. And they don't even make their own blowers. They import them from a Company called Lysholm.

http://www.opcon.se/index.asp?sPage=1&langID=2&cID=14

I want to clear a few things up for ya. First of all is that Kenne Bell doesnt get their twin screws from Lysholm, Whipple does. Kenne Bell uses Autorotor twin screws.

Also though the Eaton roots, Eaton/Lysholm twin screw(Ford GT), Kenne Bell Autorotor, and the Whipple Lysholms are all positive displacement types of superchargers, when it comes to performance there is really no comparison between the twin screws and the roots. They are so much more thermally efficient it isnt even funny let alone that they are able to operate at much higher speeds which also lends to them making much more power. I totally understand why a twin screw could cost upwards of past $5,000, but not quite that much for a roots! Roots will suffice for an OEM application(thats where they are most used anyways) but if a place is bothering to develop a custom installed PD blower then why not start with a better base in one of the twin screws? Then at least you will not be limiting yourself. I dont mean to bash but I just cannot see spending well over $5,000 for old technology such as a roots design blower.

SpecialVehicleConcepts said:
i forgot: on wide open throttle she sounds awesome. Nothing like a regular LS, more like someone who has just eaten an M3 for breakfast!

eeeh m3's are quite quick

Members online

No members online now.
Back