V8 supercharger

that should be coming to LVC soon. Detailes will come soon I think.

That's the one from special vehicles concepts. They have been saying that they were making one for about 5 years. They must have just released them now.

Yep - I was contact by SVC recently as well - it's there used R&D model. regular kit $5,500.... + installation.

Quik....is that intercooled for that price? If not, it's pretty steep...actually more than KB charges for his non-intercooled 01 Cobra stuff. If it's intercooled, it's a bargain. KB gets almost $7000 for his intercooled kit. Of course, that's not installed but I do believe it comes with the software for the tune and a BAP if necessary.

I'm still a little concerned about how these cars will live being boosted over the long haul. Our compression ratio is pretty high. I'm guessing they are limiting boost to the 6lb range. Does anyone know if our cars have forged internals?

Actually, I re-thought about the price. Since this is such a limited product that obviously took a lot of R & D, the price may not be too bad.

I don't think it is - but I asked for more info.

I agree - it's a tuff sell at $5,500 but if they can't sell 1000s of them....

yes, this is our r+d blower, and the price is not bad at all guys.
this includes the install at our facility, ecu upgrade and muffler work.
we typically bill blower installs on h2's, range rovers and escalades at $10,500 for off the shelf superchargers.
The one we have for the LS or tbird is a one off non intercooled version. T :wrench he production intercooled system has been designed, its ready, but we need to get some advance orders before we go into production. We are a small company, and we need to get advance orders to pay for the castings etc. We will come up with a solution soon, perhaps a group deal with LVC? that would be great.
we put one in a lIncoln LS that is driven locally, I'll see if the guy is ok with taking calls on how much he loves it. He bought our show car from us a few months ago, it is on our site in the gallery: www.specialvehicles.com

DSC_2409.jpg

DSC_2385.jpg

DSC_2403.jpg

DSC_2407.jpg

Last edited:
You guys got anything for us 6bangers or is this only a v8 deal (pretty sure I know the answer but had to ask?!) :L

I think I'll take my money and invest it in what Geoff Knight and Lou are doing.

:Bang Man I wish wish i had the $$ for that, I would love to get it done!! I bet that LS FLIES!!

You know, I don't mean to be disrespectful to SVC but I've had my LS for almost 4 years now and ever since I've been on the LS scene SVC has said the same thing about this SC. Can no one make this thing work and if you did what haven't you guys been mass marketing the hell out this thing?

One of the things that has been difficult over the years - every e-mail inquiry that I sent (probably 50 of them) into SVC - not one single answer was every returned.

I received an e-mail a couple of days ago about the 'advance order' and replied to it (asking for more details) - still no answer.

This is an exciting news from SVC - how come no one every responds?

BIG CELO said:
:Bang Man I wish wish i had the $$ for that, I would love to get it done!! I bet that LS FLIES!!

ok I take back what I said as per what :gr_hail: quick :wrench and :gr_hail:ghost :wrench said

Quik LS said:
One of the things that has been difficult over the years - every e-mail inquiry that I sent (probably 50 of them) into SVC - not one single answer was every returned.

I received an e-mail a couple of days ago about the 'advance order' and replied to it (asking for more details) - still no answer.

This is an exciting news from SVC - how come no one every responds?

Well...that would take care of any thoughts I had about doing business with them. If they can't take the time to answer emails BEFORE they make the sale, just imagine what it's going to be like AFTER the sale when you have little bugs and gremlins that have to be worked out.

SVC...the internet is a VERY powerful tool and information source. It will take a matter of days...if not hours...for every car enthusiast out there to know about your lack of customer service and responses. In my opionion, you may very well be dead here and a lot of other places. We listen...we participate...and we learn. Get your sh1t together or your reputation will be known internet wide and you may as well shut your doors.

Don't believe me? Go to www.SVTPerformance.com and see what a certain company did to "Racerat" there. That company destroyed itself bigtime.

Quik and Gray....thank you for the heads up and looking out for your friends here.

With all the problems associated with doing a roots style blower, I'm really really suprised that none of these people have done a centrifugal blower instead. I'm not expert, but it seems that with the removal of the stock airbox, that there'd be plenty of room for a blower. The only fabrication that would need to be done is some sort of mounting bracket for it. A longer serpentine belt would be needed of course. I don't know, I just think that there's an easier way to do this.

Probably, but the serpentine belt would probably have to be custom made to fit the LS. Oil lines might be difficult to route. Almost makes you want to try it though.

All companies go through up and down times and major changes. A person from that company did post here, at least. I say keep it respectful.

I'll bet a big part of the problem was tuning also. Now that we have some talented people who have cracked the Lincoln's PCM, stuff can start happening.

All that being said, if I was going to SC my LS, I would be leaning toward our LVC brothers. It all depends on true availability.

SurfjaxLS said:
Probably, but the serpentine belt would probably have to be custom made to fit the LS. Oil lines might be difficult to route. Almost makes you want to try it though.

Gates has about every length belt imaginable, so this shouldn't be a problem.

SurfjaxLS said:

You can get virtually any length belt for the car. Difficult to route oil lines? Got to be easier than custom machining a plenum to match up a V6 blower with a V8 block/heads.

lsbit said:
All companies go through up and down times and major changes. A person from that company did post here, at least. I say keep it respectful.
No one here is being disrespectful. I even said so in my earlier post. However, this has been an ongoing issue for at least 4 years. Either say you have it, sell it and support it. If not, move on!

GrayGhost1 said:
No one here is being disrespectful. I even said so in my earlier post. However, this has been an ongoing issue for at least 4 years. Either say you have it, sell it and support it. If not, move on!

I agree Gray. I re-read my post and thought maybe I was a little harsh, but in retrospect, I think I'll leave it as is. I think the information is accurate. If I offended anyone with it, I apologize for the wording...but not the general content and idea behind it. That I stand by.

SVC response

lsbit said:

I'll bet a big part of the problem was tuning also. Now that we have some talented people who have cracked the Lincoln's PCM, stuff can start happening.

All that being said, if I was going to SC my LS, I would be leaning toward our LVC brothers. It all depends on true availability.

Hi guys,
i fully understand the comments on the non reply issue, that was bugging me in a big way. We had a major redesign and re-do of website, with all the email forms working 100% now, I respond daily to messages.
When our supercharger becomes a finished product on general release, I will post this on the site, in the meantime i can respond to members emails, but not in depth, my techs will give me the full rundown when the time is right, then we will announce the final specs on our site along with this forum.
Had a good long chat with joey chicago on this, we will be staying in touch and I will keep on the case with these forums.
In reponse to the 'true availability":when there is one available it will be published, with production units announced on completion on our website, with the only unit currently available being the one we have for installation here at SVC.
we also produce many other products that generate revenue streams for us, but bringing a great deal of these to market is tough business, we are small but when we do stuff it gets seen in all the right places. Thats why we have a great relationship with manufacturs such as toyo, eibach, brembo, Land Rover, Jaguar and Ford.
The comment i saw on customer service: well, we give our customers service, would love to give every information inquiry the attention it needs, but our focus is on our supporting customers and the vehicles we build for them along with our already distributed products and our network of dealers installing them.
LVC however gives us a great chance to respond to multiple persons with ease, nice work joey!
watch this space.....we are here 100% for LVC members!

Nice response. I'm glad to see it. If you're customer service issues are resolved, I will be the first to apologize for my comments and give you a big thumbs up!!

Maybe I'm reading the auction wrong, but just in case I'm not... These guys want 6,000 dollars to install a used blower on an LS? How much extra is the blower then?

I don't know about you all, but for $6,000 Im sure you LS guys could easily have a nice hipo engine rebuild done.

Members online

No members online now.
Back