Use mods made for '03 Thunderbirds??....

gcwimmer

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
The K&N FIPK is listed for the T-Bird but not for the LS last time I looked, but obviously fits. Go figure.

IIRC the T-Bird hood slopes a little more than the LS, if that matters for other add on.

I am a new comer, so this may be a stupid question. But if we can use an air intake system made for and '03 Ford Thunderbird (Due to the exact engine and engine bay area), does that mean that we can use other mods made for an '03 Tbird on our '03 Lincoln Ls V8's??...That would be sikk, cause mods for LS's are extreemely limited!

you are correct, here is a T-Bird intake on my 04.

vbpgimage.jpg

yes - but it is more likely the other way around.... the T-birds using the LS mods - since there is less in the aftermarket for the t-bird than the LS.....

Yeah, I was gonna say..what mods are out there for T-Birds?? :lol:

Oh yeah..what's up, local dude! :Beer

K&N doesn't list the intake kits as fitting the LS but as everyone knows the LS shares the same engine and drivetrain as the T-Bird. The reason K&N will not list the kits for the LS is that they were "designed" by K&N specifically for the T-Bird. Also, they CARB certified the 57 kit on the T-Bird. CARB certifications are VERY expensive. So, with that being said K&N will deny that the Typhoon or 57 kits will fit the LS simply because they have not tested it on an LS due to expense.

Yeah, I was gonna say..what mods are out there for T-Birds?? :lol:

Oh yeah..what's up, local dude! :Beer

I just assumed that they would have had more aftermarket Mods than the LS, since we all know the mods for LS's are few and far between!! especially since they made an intake for the t-bird and not the LS.

I don’t know how my post got in front of Tony7781 original post.

Thanks Ken. I didn’t understand why they list for T-Bird and not the LS, now it makes since with that CARB certification.

I don’t know how my post got in front of Tony7781 original post.

Thanks Ken. I didn’t understand why they list for T-Bird and not the LS, now it makes since with that CARB certification.

That is sense not since.

I can’t spell or type.

well then maybe you can tell me what numbers are going to come up on the mega-millions????

Members online

No members online now.
Back