upper door hinge play

Lincoln Mark VIII

1. 91 LSC SE

91 LSC SE Dedicated LVC Member

2. 91 LSC SE

3. 91 LSC SE

To temporarily fix the door dropping/sag when opening, i opened and then raised the door gently with a jack and long 2x4 along the bottom of the door, which raised the top hinge enough to insert a small washer to replace the worn brass bushing. I had to tap it in with a hammer. I have no play in the hinges now. A quick easy fix until I can source a pin/bushings for the upper hinge.
    I think that if i had lubricated the hinges regularly that the bushing would not have wore out.

4. NoLimit95

NoLimit95 Dedicated LVC Member

Found these just now. Maybe not the side you need though. Screenshot_2020-02-15-23-55-19-1.png

5. 91 LSC SE

Thanks I saw them too. Just wonder if they are worth it. My research has found that they (driver& passenger) are interchangeable. Also that most body shops carry the pins and can do this for $40 or so I read anyway. For the pain it appears these are to do, I was thinking instead of buying used to buy new and go to a couple of body shops for quotes. That way it will be properly aligned too. Thanks though, I appreciate it just the same