Updated 2009 Lincoln MKS pix! (LS replacement)

I thought I read the new GM rwd sedans have been pushed to the backburner for a while... :(

I thought I read the new GM rwd sedans have been pushed to the backburner for a while... :(
The announcements have been far from coherent. First, the GM RWD cars were all back-burnered with the exception of the G8 and Camaro (which are too far aong in the development cycle). Last week, there was a report on the Web site of AutoWeek or Automotive News that Lutz is apparently backpedaling on the RWD back-burnering, but I don't particularly care about any cars GM has ever made or will ever make, so I didn't bother reading it.

I'll stick to RWD, thank you. I drove through this crap a few days ago, and the only 2 vehicles I saw that ran off the road were FWD ponticraps.

I don't care what FWD proponents say, in my book RWD is superior to FWD IF you know how to drive a RWD car.

Photo_050507_001.jpg

I don't care what FWD proponents say, in my book RWD is superior to FWD IF you know how to drive a RWD car.
That's a big "if". Let's face it, most people don't know how to drive any car properly, much less a RWD one.
Nonetheless, you are of course correct. FWD was not developed to make cars handle better or be safer. It was developed to be cheaper to manufacture. It was marketted as being better and safer, but they needed a big marketting campaign to convince people to buy something different like FWD. People swallowed it hook, line, and sinker. The manufacturers win, and consumers lose.

Never had a problem driving any of my FWD in any type of bad weather and I've traveled in some of the big snow storms NY has saw and than down here when it was freezing rain, the FWD's took it like nothing in my experiences. The thing about weather and type of car is kinda BS in imo, comes down to the driver in most cases like alot of things.

Really? Really?! Where are they? Did you look at sales of V8 luxury sedans? How do they compare to the V6 models (540 vs 530, S-Type, CTS, 300 or others)?QUOTE]

Dude, the CTS hardly qualifies as a V-8 sedan, granted they put the 6L in it, but hell, you have to get the highest end model just to get a v-8, if caddy had put in the 4.4 northstar for around $45,000 then it would be ok to consider the CTS a V8 sedan. As it sits, its a V6 sedan with an expensive ass V8 racer cousin. CTS' are hideous anyways, the angles on them remind me of the pontiac aztecs.

Hardly and it still does qualify.
The point was why MKS won't have a V8, even as an option. The sales suck for V8s. Its cheaper in the end to drop it altogether.

Members online

No members online now.
Back