update

MercuryLs

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
so I don't post on here too much, but I do surf alot.

Anyway time for an update...

As you may or may not know I have a 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII it's actually my DD but until the Mustang is done I've been playing around with it.

Last year I went 12.8@109 on the 100pils I then stepped it up to 150jets and could get a 12.4@112. Mind you these runs were on CRAPPY tires so the best 60' I could cut was a 2.0.
On motor I got a best of 13.9@101mph also on a 2.0 60'

ALL OF THIS W/ THE 3.08 GEARS!!!!!!!!

So far this year...

I made 262whp (on motor) WITH THE CUTOUT* CLOSED.

*-I have a electric cutout on the car to keep it quite cruising around. After all it is my DD.

I put a different tune on it (I tune it myself w/ SCT software), I plan on installing the 3.73 gears finally, and I FINALLY GOT GOOD TIRES. (MT 255/50r16s)

I'm aiming for 11s hopefully I can get it this year, with out blowing the 168,xxx mile STOCK LONG BLOCK!! lol.

Nice! I look forward to hearing about the progress.

Hopefully I get in the 13's this summer on motor.

some pics:

862353_153.jpg

862353_156.jpg

862353_175.jpg

Mustang's engine next to the Mark VIII's new engine:

862353_184.jpg

862353_185.jpg

further update:

I had a secondary tensioner fail on me while I was driving home on day. Before I got a chance to even put the new gears and tires on it!! So I got a new engine to throw in it. It'll be back up and running soon.

Post up when you get the gears in. Also curious what you run when it's all said and done.

What is the new motor? Another stock Mark? I like the headlights, how is visablity at night? Did you paint them?

What mods did you have to run high 13's NA with no gears and crappy tires?

Yeah, I plan on doing a 255lpm pump while I've got the car apart.

Lights have tint spray on them. It's spray for headlights, I got it from an auto parts store a long time ago. At night I always have the high beams on, lows are too dim.

Tranny is mostly stock w/ a TransGo shift kit in it.

New engine is another Mark VIII engine I'm going through before I install it.

What mods did you have to run high 13's NA with no gears and crappy tires?

I dont believe it unless you have a high stall converter.

I have the time slip to proove it. :p

I rather not say what all I have. People I race against around hear like to come on the forums I'm on and read my post. :shifty:

PM me, i'm really curious. There is no other bolt on Mark VIII in the country with stock converter and gears running 13's...

I have the time slip to proove it. :p

I rather not say what all I have. People I race against around hear like to come on the forums I'm on and read my post. :shifty:

Well, if they already know exactly what times you run I don't see the harm.

Fine, I'll let the cat out of the bag.

Mods include:
-Electric water pump
-K&N filter w/ gutted air box
-Air silencer deleted intake tube
-lightly ported T.B. , Intake, and IMRC plates
-Underdrive pulleys
-180 stat
-no cats w/ Electric cutout
-misc weight reduction (car weighed 3600lbs)
-SCT Tune

on the new engine I'll have all the above w/ also:
-even flow colling mod
-97 Cobra cams
-255lpm pump
-3000 stall
-3.73 gears w/ trac lok

Thinking about doing headers while the engine is out.

3600? did you take out the whole interior and put in racing seats? ide like to lose some weight, but i dont want to sacrifice luxary. ide rather just gain 50 hp for th extra 500 lbs then lose the luxary for 50 hp considering 100 lbs = 10 hp needed

ide rather just gain 50 hp for th extra 500 lbs then lose the luxary for 50 hp considering 100 lbs = 10 hp needed

What extra 500lbs? Your car's curb weight is nowhere near 4100lbs! Likely less than 3800lbs.

It is my opinion that a Mark that has lost 500lbs will run circles around one that has simply gained 50hp. Weight (and weight distribution) are big factors when it comes to handling, braking, fuel economy etc.

Members online

No members online now.
Back