Underdrive Pulley's!

Sifrino3

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Everyone seems to get them. Is there a real difference? Im looking at some Billet Aluminum Power Pulleys that says there worth 14.1 hps. They even say its for a Mark VII in MM&FF.

Thanks,
Ramsey

I'm not a big believer in them. I haven't seen any dyno-proof of 14 hp at the wheels from a swap. I do know they have a tendency to cavitate the water pump and burn out the alternator prematurely as well as the a.c. from excessive rpms. Just my opinion for what it is worth.

The pulley is physically smaller, so yes it is lighter, but it's also easier to turn because you aren't turning all the other accessories as fast.

Sifrino3 said:
Well, I just bought some that are coated red. With some other things! :)

You bought pulleys and weren't sure what they did? :eek:

I heard red ones were faster! j/k ;)

Do they have blue ones? :)

I knew it was just another step for performance. I just wanted to make sure what they did. Is what I thought they did. Yes they have blue ones also. . . If you were serious.

Sifrino3 said:
I knew it was just another step for performance. I just wanted to make sure what they did. Is what I thought they did. Yes they have blue ones also. . . If you were serious.

'Course I'm serious. Only thing is I want blue ones for the 4.6L DOHC in my Mark VIII. :)

A lot of people complain of cooling and charging problems with underdrive pullies on a daily driver. My thinking on pulleys is this. IF you don't have a lot of idle time in traffic, if you upgrade the rear gear ratio to 3.73s or 4.10s, the increase in engine revs will easily make up for the negative effect of the reduction in accessory rpms you get with a set of underdrive pulleys.

2478231203 Search this item number. It will take you to the pulley's I won. Then you can see what other things this seller is selling. I believe that he sells pulley's for every Mustang.

Sifrino3 said:
2478231203 Search this item number. It will take you to the pulley's I won. Then you can see what other things this seller is selling. I believe that he sells pulley's for every Mustang.

"Mac Titanium Red Pulley's"
Sif,
You always have been, and always will be, DA MAN!
Have you beat 14.6 yet?
Have you bought DR's yet?
How'd you get your ride down to 3500 lbs?
What's the square root of 69? (forget that last question)

I have lightined my ride alot. Everything that is not needed I got rid of. Im sure its down further then 3500lbs. No drs. Also, I have raced people that are supose to be closing on 13s. But I havn't gone to the track. I plan on going to this one event that is a midnight to 6am race night. Its one day before I marry my one and only. July 10th is race day. July 11th, im walking my girl down. Who da man? hahaha

P.s. Yellow Firebird, the special edition one. That is in the 13s I believe. I stuck with that muther. Intal we got over 100. Then I was pulling real fast. But hey, you never know. . .

Sifrino3 said:
I have lightined my ride alot. Everything that is not needed I got rid of. Im sure its down further then 3500lbs. No drs. Also, I have raced people that are supose to be closing on 13s. But I havn't gone to the track. I plan on going to this one event that is a midnight to 6am race night. Its one day before I marry my one and only. July 10th is race day. July 11th, im walking my girl down. Who da man? hahaha

P.s. Yellow Firebird, the special edition one. That is in the 13s I believe. I stuck with that muther. Intal we got over 100. Then I was pulling real fast. But hey, you never know. . .
DAMN! You mean that there are TWO women out there that would put up with Lincolnaholoics?

July is the Family Reunion month else we'd fly out just to see your stallion ass get hitched :)

They rock, they rock like that :q:q:q:qin green Koolaid! :Beer

Sh it? So you're telling me my comparison of underdrives to that green Koolaid is "speakin sh it"? Get off me....

I've been running steeda pulleys for about a year and they work fine. When i hit the gas from a complete stop the lights get a bit brighter but they did before as well. Since the car goes from 12v-14.4 idle to running and yes the alternator and battery are fine. The main gain in hp is as the rpms rise. Though it does seem to rev up faster and be more responsive. You can leave the alternator underdrive off but unless you have a system its not real necessary.

Is it really worth it ? , with the 88 LX engine in my car theres little to no room even to see the underdrive pulley's . I'm pushing 300+HP with my mods right now .

Nice blue pulley's would be a nice touch though =)

Sifrino are you going to the NE chapter meeting ?

(nice must be the word of the day for me)

The pulleys aren't for show, they give you back power robbed by the parasitic loss from your accessories.

Members online

Back