under pricing these cars??

mark0101

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I have been looking around for a decent 98 Mark VIII for my dad but the average price from them seems to be about 5,000 or so. So don't you guys think us Mark VIII owners under price our cars by alot? Whenever we see a Mark VIII posted here for 5,000, we expect to see a gem. your thoughts...

A good 98 is worth about that... it's people that want $5k for a first gen or a beat up :q:q:q:q second gen that are high...

If they weren't under priced I would n't be able to have one. I remember back in late 92 when my dad brought home the brochure and how technologically advanced they were. And also the price tag was advanced, it was one of the last new cars he wanted right before he passed. That probably explains my affair with these cars and my bias for first gens. 93 FTMFW first gen Ftmfw! And I gave 1300 with tax and all for a 40,000 dollar car in immaculate shape.

A good 98 is worth about that... it's people that want $5k for a first gen or a beat up :q:q:q:q second gen that are high...
+1

A low mileage clean Gen2 might be worth that. Not the easiest to find with them being 12+ years old. If you notice many of the people on the forum that get good deals even on relatively clean cars have some problems with them. It's just that they know what they are and how to fix them as opposed to getting a quote for air ride parts or a blend door from a dealer or trying to find a discontinued HID bulb etc.

Yep. Mine had a few simple (to me) problems that the previous owner did not want to deal with such as the blend door and airbag light flashing. His quote was nearly 2 grand for these problems, I have fixed all of these for a total outlay of about $145 in parts and my labor. The car even has a very low mile rebuilt transmission. There are deals out there and people get scared by stealership pricing on repairs. That means plenty of good deals for the rest of us.

I was offered $6,500 back in September for my 41,000 mile 1998.

I just saw a modded one with 151K miles sell here on the forum for $3,700.

It all depends on the condition.

I am thankful they plummeted in price. If they hadn't, myself and maybe half this board wouldn't be here. I scored mine for $3k with 106k in really nice shape and basically loaded.

If average price was $6000 for a decent one than I would likely have another Mustang or another T-Bird.

So I have been looking around for a decent 98 Mark VIII for my dad but the average price from them seems to be about 5,000 or so. So don't you guys think us Mark VIII owners under price our cars by alot? Whenever we see a Mark VIII posted here for 5,000, we expect to see a gem. your thoughts...

There are a lot of nice Marks out there. Especially where you live. Remember, you're in the sunshine state, and there are a lot of Mark VIII owners there.

There are a lot of nice Marks out there. Especially where you live. Remember, you're in the sunshine state, and there are a lot of Mark VIII owners there.

Well within the 200 mile radius of (Jacksonville), there are only 4 Gen II Mark VIIIs for sale. So there might be alot of them here but not for sale, well at least not on autotrader or craigslist.

Yeah I know about Jamie's Mark VIII for 3,700 but its from this forum. If you look around, there are many Gen II Mark VIIIs with high miles that are listed for 5,000-6,000 but I don't know if they sell. Just saying, I think Mark VIIIs are worth alot more then it is given credit for on this forum.

Oh there was one that I thought was priced good, a CE Mark VIII with I think 50,000 miles for 6,000.

Well within the 200 mile radius of (Jacksonville), there are only 4 Gen II Mark VIIIs for sale. So there might be alot of them here but not for sale, well at least not on autotrader or craigslist.

Yeah I know about Jamie's Mark VIII for 3,700 but its from this forum. If you look around, there are many Gen II Mark VIIIs with high miles that are listed for 5,000-6,000 but I don't know if they sell. Just saying, I think Mark VIIIs are worth alot more then it is given credit for on this forum.

Oh there was one that I thought was priced good, a CE Mark VIII with I think 50,000 miles for 6,000.

Check this one out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back