Two things underneath car by trunk

Kevin Matthew Sousa

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, So a bracket underneath my car rusted through and two canisters (I believe evap) are hanging. I zip tied them back up the best I could but the electric socket for it is broken for it. It is still safe to drive the car right?

Ok, so the canisters fell through but the tray is still bolted at the front and back?

Where is the electrical connector broken at? I'm assuming this is for the vapor canister purge valve on the drivers side canister towards the back correct?

Do you have a check engine light on?

Pics would help.

Ok, so the canisters fell through but the tray is still bolted at the front and back?

Where is the electrical connector broken at? I'm assuming this is for the vapor canister purge valve on the drivers side canister towards the back correct?

Do you have a check engine light on?

Pics would help.

The bracket that holds the canisters are gone. Only little bit of back is what remains (I zip tied it to that). I have a check engine light on and its been on for a while for emissions something (Prob canister) I really dont care about whether or not they work I just want to know if its safe to drive with the lines hooked up but not the power to it. I really just want to get rid of car. It is broken on drivers side in back, I might be able to hook it back up but its Zero here and I dont have a garage to work on it because thats where race cars sit haha

I can have pics later on tonight

I think it's still safe to drive that way, but I'm not 100% on that...

If you need a good tray, I've got one in really good condition for $80 shipped.

I've also got one with a decent amount of surface-only rust, for $55 shipped. It's still structurally sound, just doesn't look very pretty.

I might also have the plug you need that is broken. I'll look for it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back