TV in the head rests

crab daddy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have 2 children (that dont like to sit still in the car). I have been considering putting a tv in each head rest.

I am curious what is needed to get the 2 tv's in there (all the components involved) and what it takes to get it running. Where do dvd players go? so they can change what they are watching.

Thanks for any help.
Dave

the TV's themselves and something for them to play.. something that has a video out..

sorry for the short explanation.. the TV's come with a bracket.. u cut that into ur headrest and place the TV's inside.. (obviously after the wires have been ran through the seat)... then u need a power inverter... u can connect it to ur alternator.. thats what I did.. thats so ur source (dvd player, vhs, ps2, etc..) can have a power supply.. unless its already a 12V player that can just connect to the car.. then once its plugged in u just need to connect the wires... from audio and video and should be good.. not sure if i forgot something.. i'm here at work..

things needed:
Head rest TV's
Source ( dvd player, vhs player, ps2 etc..)
power inverter if u need it.. (for a ps2 u need it..)

:N whoooooo im telling, playing on the computer while your at work. dont forget if you dont want to cut your headrests, they sell portable units that strap on and just plug into your lighter

if ur going for the cheapest rout u can get a TV from best buy that fits between both chairs i beleive.. its like 50-100 and includes the DVD player.. if ur trying to make an excuse on the other hand to do a nice custom to the LS.. u can get the headrest TV's or get a flip down (which i dont think would look as good)..

its really up to u...

what are ur requirements..?

Kids enjoyment?
Cheap?
Doesnt Look cheap?
what do u want to be able to watch on the TV?
Do you have an indash? Does ur Indash TV have outputs..
Do you have an MP3 player with a video output? etc.. etc..
Do you want to be able to watch diff. things on each tv?
Do you want some sort of interactive TV for the kids?

what do YOU want..

also.. as far as pricing.. figure about 100 per TV depending on the brand and size.. 40 for the inverter.. and about 50 on the play depending on what u want to use to watch the TV.. if u want.. i have a Car VCR you can have that will work.. its in my garage picking up dust.. unless the shipping costs something its free man.. just let me know..

ur looking anywhere from 250-2,000 depending on which route u want to go..

Another thing that you may want to consider............

Is that if you live in a high crime area or do not have secure storage for your LS, consider the protable units. Then when you are home for the evening or out at night, the units can be locked up without the obvious signs that you have blinged out the ride.(Tv's in head rests are a dead give a way). But I can tell you from expereince that weather built in units or portables, they are a godsend for kids on long trips.

Members online

No members online now.
Back