turn signal, brake light, and hazard light problem

kevincasey

New LVC Member
Reaction score
My 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII recently had a problem that drove me wacky. The turn signals didn't work at all. There were no turn signal lights illuminated on the instrument panel either. We also discovered that we didn't have any brake lights or hazard lights. I checked all the fuses and tried replacing the flasher (located behind the glove box). Still no lights. I made an appointment with a dealer expecting to have at least a $400 repair bill for a turn signal switch or a wiring problem.
Then I found this website! I owe you all big time. Someone had posted a similar thread. One of the messages stated that the hazard switch sometimes gets blocked with dust since it is sitting on top of the steering column. When it is activated, the dust will block the contacts completely. (We tested the hazard switch since we just bought this car from a used car dealer--this probably caused the whole problem!) Well, a couple of squirts of wd-40 and about fifteen pushes of the switch, and wallah--we have turn signals, brake lights, and hazard lights!
Thanks again!
kc :yourock:

:W to the LvC! Just too bad you did not find us before you spent any money. Glad we could help out. :Beer

Similar Problem - NO FLASHERS

I was just reading this post and replys and wanted to share too. My 93 Mark VIII has a similar problem. EXCEPT I have brake lights, and turn signals, just NO FLASHERS, I tried the fix listed here, but no good. My question...Is there a supposed to be a seperate flasher in the round hole at the bottom of the fuse panel in the drivers end of the dash board? Mine is empty. If yes, what P/N is supposed to be there?

Thanks

welcome aboard. samething happened to me, when i bought my mark last year. a mechanic quoted me about the same price $400-500, i wanted to drop kick him for saying that. then i stumbled upon some lincoln sites, that had people with the same problem. stick around here buddy you will save a ton of money, you got people here who know their stuff on these cars.

newviiiowner said:
I was just reading this post and replys and wanted to share too. My 93 Mark VIII has a similar problem. EXCEPT I have brake lights, and turn signals, just NO FLASHERS, I tried the fix listed here, but no good. My question...Is there a supposed to be a seperate flasher in the round hole at the bottom of the fuse panel in the drivers end of the dash board? Mine is empty. If yes, what P/N is supposed to be there?

Thanks

Nothing is supposed to be there.

I would like to thank the guy that posted about the WD-40 trick with the phantom "door ajar" warning. It totally worked. And I appreciate the advice about how to get my flashers to work. Everything on that part is good.
Another problem that I am having and I don't know if any of you can help me or not. I am having a problem keeping my front airshocks pumped up. I replaced the air suspension module that the dealership told me that I needed and it works for me but not for anyone else. If someone else drives it, it seems to not work. Can anybody tell me what is going on?
Thanks, You guys are great!!!!

Jeff - Welcome to LvC

There are similar topics in our archives. You will find a wealth of information
there relating to your dilema.

You should start a new thread if you want to discuss the details with other
LvC members. We hope to benefit from your knowledge also.

Again, Welcome to LvC.

Ren

Members online

Back