turbo chargers are awsome

Guess what.....Im 16 so im not an "old" person. I bash on 4 cylinders because they're gay and cant handle any horsepower for more than 5 or 6 runs down the track. I have an sr20 car sitting in my drive way. An infiniti G20....The biggest piece of crap in the world!

MarkVIII93 said:
Guess what.....Im 16 so im not an "old" person. I bash on 4 cylinders because they're gay and cant handle any horsepower for more than 5 or 6 runs down the track. I have an sr20 car sitting in my drive way. An infiniti G20....The biggest piece of crap in the world!

I never said SR's were fast i said every single kid with a 240 says he is going to drop one in it... http://www.herlihyracing.com/ministocks.html LoL Does anyone believe this list?

Yeah, They take those motors and throw them into dirt cars. A very cheap way to put some power in your dirt car.

To each his own... Ricers can be made to look awesome on the outside... atleast some of them but the inside where you will be looking at there isnt much you can do lol hence why i like the beautiful interior of my mark :-D

I have never seen a 400 hp DSM in the low 11s. Low 12s, high 11s at best.

AWD does not help the top end. It reduces it.

My moms 03 lesabre has 800hp at the wheels on the swapped GNX engine i put in it! it runs 9's.

MrWilson said:
My moms 03 lesabre has 800hp at the wheels on the swapped GNX engine i put in it! it runs 9's.

Your mom is cool but your not :p

MrWilson said:
your kidding right?

and...its mr...not mrs.

Listen lady, you run what 14.8s on a good day and if you make it to the track with out over heating, right. my friend ran a 14.7 with 14 pounds of boost and dumped it at 2000 rpm and his car broke an axle second run when he dumped it at 3200 its an old car so no big deal. You should run him, you will really learn that your ol mighty lincoln does not indeed own the road

I hope to god that people on this damn site start to learn exactly what MarkofDeath just stated. The Lincoln Mark VIII is not God's gift to mankind and it is not fast in anything near stock form. That being said, some more respect is due the cars with less displacement than ours.

KainDTE said:
Old people from the muscle car era always bash on 4 cylinders/6 cylinder ricers just because the 4 cyl/6cyls from there day werent as advanced as these ones... my dad is one of those people it was hilarious watching fast and the furious with him "THERES NO WAY THAT CAR COULD KEEP UP WITH THAT CHARGER THIS IS SO FAKE!" and in the second one "THERES NO WAY THAT CAR COULD EVEN COME CLOSE TO THAT CHALLENGER!!!" (Talking about a skyline lmao) I only dislike ricers because only about 0.4% of them are fast all the rest are people with 240's who have been going to drop an SR20 into them for years :rolleyes:

Here is a good read. North America's Fastest Production Cars this list does include Ricers and Euro exotics. There is nothing like American Muscle.

By no means are Lincoln Mark VIIIs Gods gift to cars or street racing. But they do like to get up and boogie.

Just remember they are over 4000 pounds. It takes a lot of force to get them going off the line. Once in motion inertia is on your side. That's why they are great from 40 mph on.

Can you make them fast sure can with lots of cash. Remember what you can put on a Mustang can basically go on a Mark VIII. This is another thing that makes them fun. You can mod the hell out of a Mark VIII, and what sucks about an LS... very few mods.

A Ricer with a turbo is going to eat up most Mark VIIIs but most Ricers don't have turbos and many Ricers who do have turbos, have killed them not knowing how to take care of the engine after running the turbo.

We have Mark VIII's because for the dollar it's a lot of ponies, and a lot of style for very little money.

mespock said:
Here is a good read. North America's Fastest Production Cars this list does include Ricers and Euro exotics. There is nothing like American Muscle.

Cool site... jebus 10.5 stock?

Now that i look at it though some of these are bs lol like the Ram SRT-10 running a 13.1? I have driven one and they wouldn't even come close to 13.1 my dads AWD 300C would run with it and that thing is like a high13/low 14 car... the truck weighs 8000 pounds!

God's Gift

I don't remember anyone saying that Mark VIII's or any Lincoln for that matter is the do all end all of performance cars. (With the exception of "Hey Mr. Wilson) But I do believe that we can all agree that we love our Lincolns.(Again With the exception of "Hey Mr. Wilson) Most of us bought them because we wanted a mix of performance and class. I have owned many cars, some stock, most modified. Some foreign, most American. But, by a hugh margin, with the exception of a very highly modified 1970 Olds 442, I have to pick my Lincolns as the best cars that I have ever owned. And Mr. Wilson, I am not ready to throw in the towel just because I as a driver do not know how to treat my vehicle. I run my Lincoln hard, but unlike you, I do not beat my car and then try to blame the car. If my car breaks, you can bet your azz, that I probably did something stupid.(Which you have admitted to on numerous occasions) You show your level of intelligence when you simply state that if a car is foreign, it is junk. Just like you show your level of intelligence (or lack thereof) when you make statements like "
low 11's with 400hp? i dun think so" Face it, with the mods that you have done to your car, you should be in the very low 14's. You aren't. Please stop trying to ridicule others when your lack of knowledge is so plainly apparent. This is not an attempt to bash "Mr. Wilson", it's just that he makes it so easy to use him as an example.

Oh, and my the way, my dad can beat up your dad. So childish.

1970 Oldsmobile 4-4-2 W-30 455 V8 370 13.88 95.84 CC

buford your 442 ran faster than a 13.8 stock didnt it? you had to be low 13's/ real high 12's right?

Don't know

I do not know what it ran when I had it. I blew the orininal motor in the first month after i got it. Found a wrecked Olds Delta 88 Police Pursuit Interceptor in some little hillbilly town in West Vriginia and built the engine from that to put in it. 13.5 to 1's, Crane Fireball, Holley 1100 double pumper, 1/2 fuel lines with electrics, fuel cell in the trunk. Took it to US 30 Drag strip, bolted on a set of slicks and proceded to pull the biggest wheely I have ever done, twisted the body so hard that it popped the windshield. Shut it down and was told by the track officials to not bring it back without a full cage. I did not have the heart to cut it for a cage, so I just did some street racing. Only ever beaten once, by a Ford Fairlane with a big block and a blower. Awesome car. My friend still has the car. He is on the 11th transmission. Still runs strong. He only brings it out once or twice a year during the HotRod events in York, PA.

KainDTE said:
1970 Oldsmobile 4-4-2 W-30 455 V8 370 13.88 95.84 CC

buford your 442 ran faster than a 13.8 stock didnt it? you had to be low 13's/ real high 12's right?

bufordtpisser said:
Took it to US 30 Drag strip, bolted on a set of slicks and proceded to pull the biggest wheely I have ever done, twisted the body so hard that it popped the windshield. Shut it down and was told by the track officials to not bring it back without a full cage.

Now if that didn't give you a hardon! Another plus for RWD!!!

Got Married

Got rid of the car for the same stupid reason that most of us do, got married and had other priorities. Now I have my priorities straight. My 5 year old son, my cars, my job, and if I have any time left, woman.

This thread is ghey! OK a bunch of lincoln guys bashing lincolns now? I dont get it.....If your gunna be like that, take it to some other forum that supports cars built with chop stix;) !

MarkVIII93 said:
This thread is ghey! OK a bunch of lincoln guys bashing lincolns now? I dont get it.....If your gunna be like that, take it to some other forum that supports cars built with chop stix;) !

dont be mad markviii93 just cuase most ricer can beat your car, but hey as long as your look styling loosing:shifty:

Bashing Lincolns.........Not

I don't see anyone in here bashing Lincolns. Hell, I have three of them. All I am saying is that when you bash others rides just because they do not drive what you drive, then you show your lack of intelligence. I drive Lincolns because I choose to drive Lincolns. Not because I think that all other cars are junk. I give all cars the respect that they and their drivers are due. But I can tell you from experience that I have seen a lot of great cars from other manufacturers. The "Lincoln is best, and all other cars suck" mentality is getting old. Especially from infantile little boys who wouldn't know a class car if it bit them in the ass.

Members online

No members online now.
Back