tuning

I agree, you can wright about any table values you need and the ECU will handle most anything, but for a TT setup you better have a very competent tunner!!
Whats your boost per turbo, waste gate, and BOV, injector size fuel pressure static and constant? 1 MAS or 2 in series, did you compensate for the MAP, Is it intercooled? how about engine mods to handle it, a stock 4.6L DOHC Mark VIII's internals will hold about 450 crank horse power.
I just want to save you allot of grief if you bought one of those cheep TT setups on E Bay for $339.
Setting up TT's on a Mark is very possible, complicated and expensive..........

Very good points. I've dealt with a few of those that went the Ebay route and it was very painful for the customer and costly. The EEC IV Mark 8s are a totally different animal when it comes to tuning. Without the high dollar data logging equipment that most tuners won't spend to have you can't possibly tune one of these correctly. Those that attempt will basically just piss in the wind since they can't log the real needed parameters to properly tune. They will try and use the dyno to log the rpms and if it has an analog output they can get the MAF volts. Then you add the wide band O2 for the a/f and that's all they use. That may be ok for some and they will accept that for a stock or mild setup but it's not the right way. I wouldn't trust anyone that would try this with any type of force induction. Then you have the automatic trans, most tuners only know Mustangs and deal mostly with manual transmissions. They are lost when it comes to tuning an auto the correct way.

Well said Lonnie and I agree!

I quickly found out how difficult EEC IV cars were and am VERY GLAD I now have an obd2 car!

NO MORE GUESSING!
(loL)

Tune

I forgot all about the trans anything over 75HP of stock can cause 2 to 3 and 3 to 4 shift flare problems, and dont even think your stock lock up is going to last, you also need to look at a stall converter that will help with the turbo lag even if they are small T3's. You will also need torque correction and shift point recalibration, gets more complicated by the second to do it properly.

Yeah I got all the automatic tuning stuff covered besides transmissions and TCs already that are already out there in 700 plus rwhp vehicles. Soon to have some serious 800 plus installs coming up with some multi disk units and one serious transmission.

i think this guy is gone last time he posted was in april. Shame i would have wanted to see some pics.

I would just love to see some pics/videos of this installed in a mark!

i think this guy is gone

He probably never existed, he was someone's alter ego.. just yanking our chains.

Think if it as the Mark 8 version of the Latest Britanny Spears pics.

we've been had, it happens from time to time.

"someone" likes "yanking our chain"..

HAHA

He probably never existed, he was someone's alter ego.. just yanking our chains.

Think if it as the Mark 8 version of the Latest Britanny Spears pics.

we've been had, it happens from time to time.

"someone" likes "yanking our chain"..

HAHA

yea that is what i was thinking

Funny thing, a buddy of mine has a promod mark 8 twin turbo 1600ish HP.

if you google "Gene Deputy of Texas Turbo" you will get some insight into this guy.

When I talked to him about a single or twin turbo mark 8 he promptly said..

"Put a vortech or procharger on it."

He said there was far too little room COUPLED with far too much plastic stuff under the hood to withstand the heat load of a turbo kit.

Keeping in mind that this guy used to be one of the PREMIER Turbo mustang guys in Texas, and he HAS a TT Promod mark 8.

THIS will "yank your chain".
202MPH with working power windows and a passenger seat!
1600HPMark.jpg

1600HPMarkengine.jpg

He said there was far too little room COUPLED with far too much plastic stuff under the hood to withstand the heat load of a turbo kit.

Keeping in mind that this guy used to be one of the PREMIER Turbo mustang guys in Texas, and he HAS a TT Promod mark 8.

Ask him if he's heard of a remote mount setup :p

Although even with a remote mount it doesn't seem easy to get the charge air back to the motor...

I know someone that did a TT setup. he concensus seems to be it's not worth the trouble though. There are plenty of superchargers capable of making stupid power that can be setup with half the hassle.

I know someone that did a TT setup. he concensus seems to be it's not worth the trouble though. There are plenty of superchargers capable of making stupid power that can be setup with half the hassle.

I have done multiple custom supercharger and turbo systems for various vehicles so I can speak from experience here... How much the trouble it's worth all depends on the power you are going for. There are some big centri blowers out there that will support big power, but turbo's will have light years more midrange torque than a comparably sized centri. Not to mention making much more hp per pound of boost ran with a turbo which means you can max the power out higher on a given engine combo with a turbo system versus supercharger. I personally consider turbo systems well worth it assuming you have the ability to do the install and/or fabrication. ;)

TT Mark VIII

I thought about twin turbo's for a while, first I would rear mount the turbo's, small twin T3's and pipe them to the front no need for and intercooler's because of the dissipation factor of the pipe. Properly plumbed the pressure drop would be no issue. The biggest problem would be wiring the MAS to the back of the car. I priced it all out with cheap turbo's could probably pull of the hole thing for under a grand.

You can do a blow through MAF in the engine compartment...

Eventually I will have a remote mount turbo Mark VIII.

Exactly. Just place the MAFS in a long straight section of tube and your resolution will be good to go even in blowthrough. No need to go drawthrough in a remote turbo system. I did blowthrough in turbo systems I have built for the Lincoln LS crowd and it was simple and easy provided you pay attention to where you place the meter.

I have done multiple custom supercharger and turbo systems for various vehicles so I can speak from experience here... How much the trouble it's worth all depends on the power you are going for. There are some big centri blowers out there that will support big power, but turbo's will have light years more midrange torque than a comparably sized centri. Not to mention making much more hp per pound of boost ran with a turbo which means you can max the power out higher on a given engine combo with a turbo system versus supercharger. I personally consider turbo systems well worth it assuming you have the ability to do the install and/or fabrication. ;)

First I meant to say The concensus not he(or his). I don't have experiance with turbos and I agree with you about the benifits of turbos I meant along the lines of the Mark VIII specifically. The small group of people that have done it and I have talked to seemed to agree it wasn't worth the trouble. I know of I think three Mark VIIIs that were turboed and two have changed to superchargers. Actually I think one gave up before the car was complete and the other car ran well but still had some issues so he sold the whole setup with motor and started over.

But if you have a lot of experiance with turbos and with Marks I'm sure it can be made to work well and make big power.

First I meant to say The concensus not he(or his). I don't have experiance with turbos and I agree with you about the benifits of turbos I meant along the lines of the Mark VIII specifically. The small group of people that have done it and I have talked to seemed to agree it wasn't worth the trouble. I know of I think three Mark VIIIs that were turboed and two have changed to superchargers. Actually I think one gave up before the car was complete and the other car ran well but still had some issues so he sold the whole setup with motor and started over.

But if you have a lot of experiance with turbos and with Marks I'm sure it can be made to work well and make big power.

Oh ok I understand what you mean. Routing the plumbing in some of the tight areas in a modern vehicles engine bay can be tricky. Most do-it-yourselfer's become deterred from doing a project like this real quick when they start running into the tighter tolerances that need to be held to when doing some of that fabrication.

I see that most people switch over to a s/c, whether it be Mark guys Mustang guys or Corvette guys, because the install was faulty or not thought through enough. I have encountered allot of people who do their own car projects and once they start running into the problems that sometimes come along they up and quit before taking the time to work through the glitches.

It is important that people really step back and give themselves a reality check before starting a project where they may be questionable in being able to finish. So many people waste their time and money because they talk themselves into a project that is over their knowledge or skill level. Superchargers fill the niche left by these incidents very well because they can produce very good power and are much easier to install in this case.

Members online

Back