Tune Question

johnboy89

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm currently trying to get my sniper tune straight in my truck. It's a 2000 Mazda with a 98 Mark VIII engine. The problem I'm having is it seems to fall flat on top:confused: Off the line is decent, but when I go open throttle it seems to go no where. I did a datalog and the timing never seems to go above 20 at WOT, does go higher when not at WOT though. I'm not sure maybe it needs a custom tune or the headers are hitting and causing false knock???? Also thinking maybe the IMRC's are stuck as it did have a code for them, but didn't come back right away????

I can post the file if someone wanted to take a peak???

kids005.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanx:)

Cool swap. IMRC is quite possible. What does the data log say the knock sensors are doing? Are they pulling timing?

Also Sniper sucks, get SCT with Pro software and you will have no problem tuning it.

Cool swap. IMRC is quite possible. What does the data log say the knock sensors are doing? Are they pulling timing?

Also Sniper sucks, get SCT with Pro software and you will have no problem tuning it.

Well the datalog doesn't look like it shows the knock sensors!!! I know Sniper is not the best, but bought it from a friend for a good deal!!!

I graphed the run and it looks like as soon as the TPS goes up timing either stays the same or goes down!!!!

I'll try and get the graph up here for viewing.

well the datalog doesn't look like it shows the knock sensors!!! I know sniper is not the best, but bought it from a friend for a good deal!!!

I graphed the run and it looks like as soon as the tps goes up timing either stays the same or goes down!!!!

I'll try and get the graph up here for viewing.

ha!!!

Members online

Back