Trunk Lift Support

• Thread starter Deleted member 20330
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20330

Has anyone ever replaced the trunk lift support in a Gen 2 Mark ?

I've contacted Monroe, Stabilus and Strongarm and they all say they only make lift supports for the hood.

Can you use a universal lift support for the trunk lid ?

If your trunk isn't holding itself up, or is heavy.... sounds like a torsion rod popped out of place.

If its a little week just replace the stock ballast with a glitch one that should help.

I've thought about removing my tortion bars to make more room for a subwoofer box and weld on some gas prop brackets to the wheel tub and the trunk lid swing arms.

Can you use a universal lift support for the trunk lid ? You can if you're thinking about a modification like what I had in mind above.

If its a little week just replace the stock ballast with a glitch one that should help.

Everyone,

Did you know that if you call a local dealer's parts department and ask for a replacement "glitch ballast", they will actually give you the "stank eye" over the phone ? :joke

The only ballast I know about is connected to the neon tail light.

Is adjusting the torsion bar, if it's not in place, one of those difficult to perform contortionist maneuvers involving a small crowbar ?

Everyone,

Did you know that if you call a local dealer's parts department and ask for a replacement "glitch ballast", they will actually give you the "stank eye" over the phone ? :joke

The only ballast I know about is connected to the neon tail light.

Is adjusting the torsion bar, if it's not in place, one of those difficult to perform contortionist maneuvers involving a small crowbar ?

This is only place to order to get glitch ballast that I know of but I'm a noob...
http://www.markviii.org/~glitch/inverter.html

Regarding adjusting the torsion bar, get a BFH and beat the he!! out of it. :bsflag:

Members online

No members online now.
Back