Trump for President!

That is a fact.
Every time Trump brings it up he loses creditability as a candidate.
Not that he ever had any :p
Birther=truther.

I like him as a candidate for nomination. He is unafraid to challenge the sacred liberal cows that most of our nominee candidates pussyfoot around.

We need a nominee unafraid to challenge PC conventional wisdom and willing to substantively challenge Obama. Trump is a great example of how to do that.

However, he would be a terrible president.

I do not give a rats ass if he did lie about getting his dick sucked or not, he was married and the union between wife and husband is just that. We ask everyone all the time why is the government in our personal business in every fashion possible. Well who are we to differ, it is his business.

The issue was a little different then that. It was not "just about sex" but about lying under oath and breaking the law.

The issue was a little different then that. It was not "just about sex" but about lying under oath and breaking the law.

He acted no different than any other schmo that got caught and did not want his wife and daughter Chelsea to find out. Everyone has a skeleton or two in their own closet, so who has the right to point fingers if you yourself have hidden skeletons?

As a Commander and Chief, numero uno, as a husband, sub zero.

I would have to go with #2 on this Cal. I feel like he is pure Muslim and it might sound stupid but I seriously think he is setting the US up for a big fall and he's doing it on purpose.

Regarding his religion- I think he's actually been fairly honest on this issue. When someone charges him with being a Muslim, I think it makes them look a bit uninformed on the subject. I'll elaborate.

Yes. His biological father's family is Muslim. And his step-father was an indonesian Muslim. However, he was raised by his Marxist mother without religion. Essentially, Obama was raised a "red diaper baby."

You can argue that he's sympathetic towards Islam because of his association with the religion, but that worldview is better explained in the context of his anti-colonialist philosophy.

The concern about setting up a big fall is still supportable without any association with Islam.

And later in life, he did join a church, initially for political reasons, but also because he identified with the radical and marxists philosophies of the congregation and leader, Rev.Write.

And through that church, you'll again see associations and political philosophical agreement between it and radical groups like the Nation of Islam and other Marxist liberation theologies.

I have a strange feeling that we're going to see a "Trump & Palin" in the end. That's my hopes. I feel strongly about the man bringing us back to the top.
I think that's absolutely impossible.
The only "strengths" associated with Trump are the business savy of his brand and his reputation for being a straight talker. Beyond that, there's simply nothing behind it. He has no coherent or even consistent political philosophy, actually it seems that his political philosophy is based on sensationalism and self-promotion. That's demonstrated by the schizophrenic public statements he's made over the past few years.

Ultimately, all of the "positive" traits that are associated with Trump can be found within other potential and prospective candidates. The financial success and business acumen of Mitt Romney. The unapologetic, straight talk of an Col. Allen West. For what these men lack in media interest compared to Donald Trump, they more than make up for it when it comes to personal integrity and character.

This is my opinion, except for the "bold facts" above.
Even if you believe that Trump is positioning himself as a serious candidate (again), I would suggest you temper your enthusiasm and prevent making the same mistake so many people made in voting for Obama. That is, hoping that this poorly defined person will have the answers and then imposing your views upon them.

The next President MUST be able to clearly explain what he thinks the role of the federal government should be and how that relates to the U.S. Constitution. It's not enough for a person in public office to just be a "smart guy," they need to share the philosophy of government and respect and abide by the constitution. Our country has gotten into trouble because we've neglected that.

Our system of government isn't self-correcting. At best, it establishes some speed bumps to SLOW the advance of tyranny. Ultimately, it's the responsibility of the citizens to prevent it.

He acted no different than any other schmo that got caught and did not want his wife and daughter Chelsea to find out. Everyone has a skeleton or two in their own closet, so who has the right to point fingers if you yourself have hidden skeletons?

That justifies breaking the law?!

Seems more like a red herring and an excuse to me.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

See? If I were to have been in Clinton's shoes, I would have gone to Congress and have said "Yup. I got a few BJ's from Monica. I'm a tense man, damn it! I have to run a country! I have my finger on the "button", you wouldn't want me to take my aggression out on it, would you?"

To which, I bet most people would have said "He's got a good point. Carry on".

raped ape

i can see we differ on slick willy and thats fine this is america. we both agree with your quote about illegals tho!! i see that u r a vet and for tht my friend my hats off to u and yours!! i will say this tho if it was a choice between slick willy and the kenyan it wouldnt be close im goin slick willy all the way at least he likes america!! again thank you for serving our country so people like me can bit$% and moan about things like this!! u are a hero!!!!

raped ape

i can see we differ on slick willy and thats fine this is america. we both agree with your quote about illegals tho!! i see that u r a vet and for tht my friend my hats off to u and yours!! i will say this tho if it was a choice between slick willy and the kenyan it wouldnt be close im goin slick willy all the way at least he likes america!! again thank you for serving our country so people like me can bit$% and moan about things like this!! u are a hero!!!!

No need to apologize we all have our own views and our own minds. And we are all given the right to free speech. Thanks for the appreciation given to me.

On the issue of Bill Clinton, don't project your reality onto him.
He wasn't acting like a cheating husband caught with his hand in the fat girl cookie jar.
He didn't respond out of shame.

The truth is, his history as a sexual predator was well known by his family and within political circles long before the Lewinski scandal.

And Clinton didn't simply lie about it.
You have to remember that the Lewinski issue came about during the Paula Jones investigation. Clinton and his associates were essentially bribing Lewinksi to perjure herself in order because the truth would hurt Clinton in his sexual harrassment case.

So he didn't just lie to the press, he was involved in a coordinated effort and conspiracy to commit perjury and deny another woman her day in court.

And after the story became public, his associates didn't simply deny the exploitation of the intern, but they sought to destroy her through the press, representing her as a crazy stalker. And the willing 5th column in the press would have gladly done this had it not been for Luciane Goldberg and that semen stained blue dress.

So, this wasn't about personal shame.
It was about perjury and using the power of the Presidency to destroy powerless citizens.

And Hillary was complicate with her public campaigning about the "vast right wing conspiracy." Tough luck, they weren't aware of the semen covered dress at that point.

Just think---If she'd swallowed...

KS

Seriously. The world might be very different had the President been a little more considerate, but... would you really expect that from a megalomaniac sexual predator?

And yes. I'm calling Bill Clinton a sexual predator.

Seriously. The world might be very different had the President been a little more considerate, but... would you really expect that from a megalomaniac sexual predator?

And yes. I'm calling Bill Clinton a sexual predator.

All tongue-in-cheek aside, I agree. But I would say that his actions are not of the same level as those who prey on children. His greatest crime is hubris.

KS

I like him as a candidate for nomination. He is unafraid to challenge the sacred liberal cows that most of our nominee candidates pussyfoot around.

We need a nominee unafraid to challenge PC conventional wisdom and willing to substantively challenge Obama. Trump is a great example of how to do that.

However, he would be a terrible president.

We also need a candidate that sticks to important issues.
The birther circus is a side show distraction.
I fear he will fail seeking the GOP nomination, run as a independent, stealing votes from a real candidate who could un-seat Obama.

Time will tell.

We also need a candidate that sticks to important issues.
The birther circus is a side show distraction.
I fear he will fail seeking the GOP nomination, run as a independent, stealing votes from a real candidate who could un-seat Obama.

Time will tell.

agreed.

See? If I were to have been in Clinton's shoes, I would have gone to Congress and have said "Yup. I got a few BJ's from Monica. I'm a tense man, damn it! I have to run a country! I have my finger on the "button", you wouldn't want me to take my aggression out on it, would you?"

To which, I bet most people would have said "He's got a good point. Carry on".
That is a rational look at the whole thing - however the Republicans are pretty irrational when it comes to everyone else's bedrooms (or oval offices ;) )

The question should have never been even asked - it isn't 'our' business - because it doesn't matter.

Heck, the best part is that Newt (who was one of the head witch hunters) was banging one of his staffers while his wife was suffering from cancer at the same time he was skewering Clinton... But, it was Patriotic, if you listen to Newt now....

Run Trump Run.... I would love it - Trump/Palin - even better.

Oh, what does Trump have - how does he make money - he figured out he could brand himself - that is how Trump makes money - no different than Paris Hilton - turn your name into a brand and merchandise.

And Clinton - a sexual predator Cal? Hardly - he likes women, a lot - but he isn't a predator - You are projecting here.

That is a rational look at the whole thing - however the Republicans are pretty irrational when it comes to everyone else's bedrooms (or oval offices ;) )

Frog rational? Nahhhh :) and I thought they called them the "oral offices"

The question should have never been even asked - it isn't 'our' business - because it doesn't matter.

I think that's correct.

Run Trump Run.... I would love it - Trump/Palin - even better.

I'm really feeling this. I also don't see it as impossible. It is however reaching a bit too far but not impossible.

Oh, what does Trump have - how does he make money - he figured out he could brand himself - that is how Trump makes money - no different than Paris Hilton - turn your name into a brand and merchandise.

Paris Hilton had hers given to her and Trump did too in a way but he actually worked his way up to the name he has. I think he can do the same for the US, with time.

And Clinton - a sexual predator Cal? Hardly - he likes women, a lot - but he isn't a predator - You are projecting here.

If no children were involved and or stalking, rape ect.. I wouldn't call him a predator. He's just a man that loves sex apparently. Was it wrong? I say yes because he was married but other than that, where he got the head and who gave him the head makes no difference to me.

So...whether or not someone has a history of infidelity and promiscuity is irrelevant to a sexual harassment case?

Even when there is overwhelming evidence, we should not concern ourselves that a President not only broke the law by lying under oath, but abused the power of his office to entice others to lie under oath for him as well?

How this issue is framed makes all the difference in the world.

The "just about sex" lie is nothing but a means to distract from the fact that Clinton broke the law, lied to the American people and abused his power in a failed attempt to cover it all up.

....of course, that's an absurd statement for me to make-
so long as you ignore the line of women that have publicly accused him of assaulting and harassing them.

"You better put some ice on that..."

The guy is a predator and a criminal, be it a charismatic one. That's not the behavior of a man who "likes women, a lot." To the contrary, that's a man who uses his power to dominate women. That's not affection for anybody but himself.

Trump Not Running for President: 'Decision Does Not Come Easily Or Without Regret'
May 16, 2011 12:43 PM

ABC News' Michael Falcone, Jen Wlach, Sara Just & Devin Dwyer report:

After a roller-coaster flirtation with a presidential bid, Donald Trump bowed out of the 2012 contest in true Trump fashion, saying that while he would not be a candidate this year, if he had run, he would have been able to win the primary and the general election.

"I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and ultimately, the general election," Trump said in a statement on Monday. "I have spent the past several months unofficially campaigning and recognize that running for public office cannot be done half heartedly. Ultimately, however, business is my greatest passion and I am not ready to leave the private sector."

Trump, who had contemplated running for president in years past, seemed poised take the plunge this year. He even had a tentative date set for a campaign announcement: May 25 in the atrium of Trump Tower in New York City.

According to Trump aides, the real estate mogul and reality television mogul had even settled on campaign consultants to help steer his potential presidential bid. Trump had already made two visits to New Hampshire within the last month and had a series of events planned in that state and in Iowa over the next few weeks.

In the end, however, his decision almost certainly had more to do with his lucrative NBC television contract for his "Apprentice" franchise than anything else. Trump was running out of time to decide whether he would sign on for another season of the "Celebrity Apprentice." Sources close to Trump said negotiations ran to the 11th hour with reports of Trump on hourly calls with NBC executives throughout the weekend who were trying to convince Trump to continue to helm the show.

Some news reports cited NBC offering Trump as much as $60 million to renew his contract, and sources said that NBC had told Trump that the network had lined up three years worth of sponsors for "The Apprentice" -- but only with Trump's participation in the show.

Over the last few months Trump enjoyed a meteoric rise to the top of many national presidential poll thanks, in part, to name recognition that far exceeded that of any other candidates and potential candidates vying for the GOP nomination.

In the most recent ABC News-Washington Post poll taken last month, Trump was running in second place, behind only former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney. And a Gallup survey of GOP voters from April 25 through May 8, found Trump supported by 16 percent of Republicans; tied for first place with former Arkansas Mike Huckabee, who announced over the weekend that will not enter the race. (The same survey found that the number of Republicans who dislike Trump stood at 44 percent).

But for a while, Trump seemed to be riding high.

Late last month during a day-long visit to New Hampshire, he declared victory over President Obama when the White House released his long-form birth certificate after Trump spent weeks demanding it.

"I'm very proud of myself because I've accomplished something that nobody else has been able to accomplish," Trump told a gaggle of local and national reporters who assembled in an airport hangar in Portsmouth, NH on April 27. "I am really honored, frankly, to have played such a big role in hopefully getting rid of this issue."

Trump spent the next seven hours taking a whirlwind tour of the state, which holds the nation's first primary, swooping into a roadside diner and, leading a raucous walk around downtown Portsmouth, signing autographs and stopping by local businesses along the way.

"Who else gets this crowd? Does anybody else get this crowd?" Trump boasted.

Trump was talking to a small circle of advisers about a potential presidential bid, including special counsel Michael Cohen, who was known around as Trump's political "pit bull."

"I think the world of him," Cohen said of Trump in an interview with ABC News last month. "I respect him as a businessman, and I respect him as a boss."

Cohen was one of the key players orchestrating Trump's potential run. Last year he co-founded the website, "Should Trump Run?," which as of Monday received more than 1.1 millon hits. Cohen also swooped into Iowa earlier in March -- on Trump's private jet -- to gauge support there for a possible Trump run.

“It’s really about him,” top Trump aide Michael Cohen said in a brief interview with ABC News on Monday. “He’s the one who would have to really go through this, and not me -- that’s for sure.”

When asked when Trump made the decision not to run, Cohen said, “I don’t know the answer to that." He added that, "right now he’s just taking a breather.”

Trump had planned to continue reaching out to voters in key early primary states with a slew of campaign visits scheduled for the next few weeks. He already canceled an address Tea Party activists in Columbia, South Carolina, on May 19. And he was to headline the Iowa Republican Party’s Lincoln Dinner on June 10, and attend the New Hampshire Institute of Politics “Politics and Eggs” forum later in the month.

But the momentum for a Trump campaign started to wane earlier this month when Trump’s views on President Obama’s birth certificate, and his own refusal to release tax returns, began to draw a barrage of popular criticism -- even mockery -- from critics.

Trump was the center of attention at the annual White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner where he was panned in jokes by President Obama and comedian Seth Meyers. "I've been there before over the years but I've never seen anything like took place last night, because so much of a focus was on me," Trump said after the dinner.

The very next day, however, when Obama announced the killing of Osama bin Laden, much of the joking stopped, as the national mood shifted away from the circus-like campaign atmosphere to the sobering news.

"We should spend the next several days not debating party politics, but in remembrance of those who lost their lives on 9/11 and those currently fighting for our freedom,” Trump told ABC News at the time. “God Bless America!"

Here is Donald Trump full statement on his 2012 decision:
After considerable deliberation and reflection, I have decided not to pursue the office of the Presidency. This decision does not come easily or without regret; especially when my potential candidacy continues to be validated by ranking at the top of the Republican contenders in polls across the country. I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and ultimately, the general election. I have spent the past several months unofficially campaigning and recognize that running for public office cannot be done half heartedly. Ultimately, however, business is my greatest passion and I am not ready to leave the private sector.

I want to personally thank the millions of Americans who have joined the various Trump grassroots movements and written me letters and e-mails encouraging me to run. My gratitude for your faith and trust in me could never be expressed properly in words. So, I make you this promise: that I will continue to voice my opinions loudly and help to shape our politician’s thoughts. My ability to bring important economic and foreign policy issues to the forefront of the national dialogue is perhaps my greatest asset and one of the most valuable services I can provide to this country. I will continue to push our President and the country’s policy makers to address the dire challenges arising from our unsustainable debt structure and increasing lack of global competitiveness. Issues, including getting tough on China and other countries that are methodically and systematically taking advantage of the United States, were seldom mentioned before I brought them to the forefront of the country’s conversation. They are now being debated vigorously. I will also continue to push for job creation, an initiative that should be this country’s top priority and something that I know a lot about. I will not shy away from expressing the opinions that so many of you share yet don’t have a medium through which to articulate.

I look forward to supporting the candidate who is the most qualified to help us tackle our country’s most important issues and am hopeful that, when this person emerges, he or she will have the courage to take on the challenges of the Office and be the agent of change that this country so desperately needs

Thank you and God Bless America!

Donald J. Trump

Trump's probably going to get indicted, and more than once. What's he have, four criminal investigations against him?

I do wonder if any of the Trump sycophants here were at the Jan 6th insurrection/attack and failed coup. Hmmm..

Members online

Back