Tried something new

Brimark8

LVC Member
Reaction score
I wanted to try something new. I am not a big fan of chrome but since I have a 97 base in Pearl White and did not want to color match the the trim I blacked everything out. The front and rear trim and even the side trim I painted black and cleared. It did not come out perfect but I plan on taking the whole car apart this winter so i thought at least it won't look like every other base out there. I think it gives it a more aggressive look but what do you guys think?

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

i dont mind the look of the rear lights, for some reason it dont look bad, but the front doesnt go. its only my opinion but thats what you are asking for, but i dont like it. color matched would look much better.

Color match IMHO, Laser has the plain molding on the 97 he may be willing to part with, send him a pm

Yeah but you wouldn't color match the front and not the rear

Funny, I thought the front looks better than the back. I did the front about a month ago but did not have time to do the back or the side trim. I am going to leave it for now. I think once I put the black rims with a chrome lip and a few other things it will stand out more and if not there is always winter to change everything again.

I have always wanted to do this except the headlights
Would be color matched and only the bars of the grill
Would be black the rest of the grill would be color matched
Otherwise I love it

I don't mind Cake face ,Could not stand the chrome I tried to brush it into a satin but it was to far gone. I still think it's more subtle than a bunch of chrome. I am thinking about hitting the front and rear lights with some Nite Shades paint or have the local tint shop put a light coat of tint on them. I will have to wait and see. I still think the rims will bring the look together but that will be late June before they go on.

Oh please no

your cars face looks like it's fixing to go play football...rofl

I like the front,but don't care for the back toop much. What I did with mine in the front was that I left the chrom on the inside of the grill. I'll try to find a pic of it. :)

I got a new computer and I don't have many pictures of the car front straight on,but this is what I did....I left the chrome in the middle of the grill and I put a black stripe across the right side of the header panel and hood. :)

Mark VIII (11).jpg

Mark VIII (21).jpg

Mark VIII (23).jpg

NicE!.jpg

I like it. It's subtle, but makes a nice break from the chrome.

Isaiah, your car looks real nice. :)

Thats what I liked about it. Its not tacky to me. And i've been tryin to break away from the chrome as well.

Thanks Kstills! :)

I am glad someone did something like it or at least does not think it looks bad I was thinking I was the only that thought it looked good. Thanks man and by the way your car looks sick. I hope to get mine to look as good.

like this

I really like the black grill on these white cars. :)

But imho, the way that Isaiah and Brimark have painted the headlight housings allows the front end to connect all the way around to the wheels.

Has that 'ebony and ivory' symmetry going for it.

The white Mark in your pic looks like the grill is 'floating' out on it's own.

I'm not sure this two tone would work on any other color Mark, to be honest.

But the more I see it, the more I like it on white ones. :)

The white Mark in your pic looks like the grill is 'floating' out on it's own.

I'm not sure this two tone would work on any other color Mark, to be honest.

But the more I see it, the more I like it on white ones. :)

i keep debating on doing this it looks so good and silver aint too far off

Members online

No members online now.
Back