transmission issues (joegr?)

went a head and ordered a new solenoid, it was 241 from the dealer. It should be in tomorrow so hopefully I can have a running LS again.

Does anyone know if there is any difference in function between the valve body that has 3 check balls apposed to the one with only 2? Are they interchangeable?

Does anyone know if there is any difference in function between the valve body that has 3 check balls apposed to the one with only 2? Are they interchangeable?

may be able to call some tranny shops for that answer... if you can find one willing to help.

I would say assume they are not. Check balls serve very specific functions, and just getting one stuck can blow a trans.

I was just wondering as they both come out of the 5r55n and rebuild kits are made for both valve bodies

So update:

No reverse and no forward in d5
When up on stands it will move the tires and I can get it to shift through gears and get the tires spinning just fine.

On the ground won't go anywhere unless in manual. It has a new solenoid so that should it not be the issue.

It has proper fluid and level.

I am thinking the servo bores are worn.

A local independent shop will pull the tranny and put it back for about 200 plus the repair.

He is a retires ford master tech and ASEaster tech and he owns and knows the ls so I trust he knows what he is doing.

So update:

No reverse and no forward in d5
When up on stands it will move the tires and I can get it to shift through gears and get the tires spinning just fine.

On the ground won't go anywhere unless in manual. It has a new solenoid so that should it not be the issue.

It has proper fluid and level.

I am thinking the servo bores are worn.

A local independent shop will pull the tranny and put it back for about 200 plus the repair.

He is a retires ford master tech and ASEaster tech and he owns and knows the ls so I trust he knows what he is doing.

Members online

No members online now.
Back