Transmission Issue

ScottieB

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Quick question, wondering if anyone else experienced this? I have an 01 LS V8, that on occaison will give one chime from the dash, didn't see anything wrong, happened about a half dozen times in two months, finally noticed that when this happend the drive indicator on the dash is flipping from D5, to E for just a sec and back again to D5. Had the dealer check it and they can't find anything, it's happened once since they returned it....Any ideas?????
Great ride otherwise!

Have a look around here... there have been several cases of that. It's a connectoring issue, so some extent, the system looses connection with a portion of itself, throws a hardware fault, then reconnects and behaves normally. It's one of those things you will have to live with. Doesn't hurt anything, just a bit of a pain.

I have noticed my car seems to be a little salt sensitive. Here in Western PA, we like salt, and lots of it, from our food to our roads. Anyway, since we had a ton of salt dropped on the road, I have noticed more random beeps, than before. In fact it never made a sound prior to salt. I also noticed my external temp gauge has been consistantly off by 2 degrees, one day it was off by like 15 degrees, minus. after the front end got wet, it came back to normal. I pulled the sensor off and noticed just a hint of water in it. Well, with a little salt, resistivity goes all over the place. I cleaned it up, and attacked it with spark plug grease. They never give enough for the job anyway, so I never use it. I found a use for it today!

Thanks

kleetus said:
Have a look around here... there have been several cases of that. It's a connectoring issue, so some extent, the system looses connection with a portion of itself, throws a hardware fault, then reconnects and behaves normally. It's one of those things you will have to live with. Doesn't hurt anything, just a bit of a pain.

I have noticed my car seems to be a little salt sensitive. Here in Western PA, we like salt, and lots of it, from our food to our roads. Anyway, since we had a ton of salt dropped on the road, I have noticed more random beeps, than before. In fact it never made a sound prior to salt. I also noticed my external temp gauge has been consistantly off by 2 degrees, one day it was off by like 15 degrees, minus. after the front end got wet, it came back to normal. I pulled the sensor off and noticed just a hint of water in it. Well, with a little salt, resistivity goes all over the place. I cleaned it up, and attacked it with spark plug grease. They never give enough for the job anyway, so I never use it. I found a use for it today!

Thanks, kind if figured it was something like that, seems to work fine and I can see that with all the electronics that might happen, Yes it started in again, since all the salt on the highways...
This is a great forum!

The ECU momentarily looses communication with the trannie - it's a common issue and doesn't really hurt anything

Members online

Back