Trans-Dapt oil filter relocation kit

cadillackman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I plan on doing this Tuesday, any advice on where to mount this thing? Also, are there any real advantages to using the dual filter setup? Thanks.

If you moved the battery to the trunk you would have a perfect spot for it!

Its hard to find an ideal spot. But I know a couple other have done this, it was one of the reasons I moved my battery. But my new engine has a very different design so I did not install a kit.

I would do a search and see if you can find anything.

I searched but found nothing until I posted this, now I see 2 posts at the bottom of the page!:Bang I wonder if my 2 guage amp wire would be suitable for a battery re-lo

I am using 4. In fact thats all I did. I used the amp wire for the positive lead. Then for ground I used the factory ground point at the very back of the trunk - as in near the bumper. You have to pull off the black plastic stuff and pull the carpet away. There is a few ground connections there. I enlarged the hole, cleaned the surface and used a gold plated bolt. You do not want to make too many ground points in the car, it can cause issues with the sound system.

Why move the battery.... I'm just not a fan of the relocation.... then again Lincoln did it on the LS factory so it can't be that bad...

Actually A LOT of cars have the battery under the back seat or in the trunk. The Bentleys I worked on had two in the trunk. You could switch between them incase one died.

But there is no "need" to move it. Its just for space savings. The battery does not need to be in the trunk unlike the coolant tank, etc. So I think many manufactures move it just to save engine bay space.

I am using 4. In fact thats all I did. I used the amp wire for the positive lead. Then for ground I used the factory ground point at the very back of the trunk - as in near the bumper. You have to pull off the black plastic stuff and pull the carpet away. There is a few ground connections there. I enlarged the hole, cleaned the surface and used a gold plated bolt. You do not want to make too many ground points in the car, it can cause issues with the sound system.
I could just use the same grounding point as my amp right?

Actually A LOT of cars have the battery under the back seat or in the trunk. The Bentleys I worked on had two in the trunk. You could switch between them incase one died.

But there is no "need" to move it. Its just for space savings. The battery does not need to be in the trunk unlike the coolant tank, etc. So I think many manufactures move it just to save engine bay space.

My BMW 7 series had it under the back seat too. (some had 2 - one under seat and one in the trunk)

I guess there may also be weight distribution benefits too - that, and the battery is out of the harsher engine bay environment.

Only downsides I see are the need for a vent and the need for a long +VE cable. (which brings possible routing and potential voltage drop problems)

If it goes in the trunk, I assume a vented (to outside) battery tie down box would be appropriate, like those Summit sell?

The trunk is already vented. If you have a bumper off you will see. I think it would be enough.

But what about having it under the back seats? That can not be a well vented area, plus you would think it would vent into the cabin.

The trunk is already vented. If you have a bumper off you will see. I think it would be enough.

But what about having it under the back seats? That can not be a well vented area, plus you would think it would vent into the cabin.

I have my rear cover off. I can see it's vented - you are still supposed to have a vent tube running to the outside of the car.

On my BMW, the battery under the rear seat was vented to outside - via a vent tube.

Why take risks? Better do these kinds of things properly.

Members online

No members online now.
Back