Tranny temperature gauge

Retired747

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Greeting fellow Navigators...

I have recently bought a Travel Trailer and it is a big one that just about maxes out my 2004 Navigators towing limits....so I would like to fit an electric temperature gauge to the transmission...so I can keep an eye on things before they get cooked..any ideas or better still has anyone fitted one?

Thanks for any info

Keep The Shiny Side Up:wrench

if getting close to the limit i would install a temp gauge and an a secondary cooler cheap for the price. i would go with a b&m towing kit. easy install and good manufacture. welcome to the web site.

Thanks for the info....
I don't know if the temperature is getting too hot ..that's why I need to fit a temperature gauge, just wondering if anyone out there has fitted one?

Thanks

Keep The Shiny Side Up :wrench

You can install one VIA a T installed in the output side of the transmission coller lines. (this is the most accurate method)

There is usually also a threaded port in the case that would allow you to install on there. (this isn't AS accurate because you're reading case temp and not the actual oil.)

You can install one VIA a T installed in the output side of the transmission coller lines. (this is the most accurate method)

There is usually also a threaded port in the case that would allow you to install on there. (this isn't AS accurate because you're reading case temp and not the actual oil.)

That would be my option rather than inspection port as the oil does not really go past there.

I don't suppose you know what thread the 'T' piece would have to be to fit into the cooler output, also would this 'T' piece thread into the cooler itself or would I have to cut into the line (which I would rather NOT do!) and use a compression type fitting?

Also.....which would be the return line to the tranny from the cooler?

Soooo many questions!

Thanks

Keep the shiny side up:wrench

Members online

No members online now.
Back