Tranny replacement-help please

Dropping the exhaust, dropping the fuel tank, removing the starter obviously and having someone help you can make things go a lot easier but it's really not that bad. Just a little time consuming. The top two bolts are the hardest to get to and get loose, (or has been with my experience.)

Also, when the drive shaft is removed, I would mark where it was bolted up to the rear end. Only 4 bolts hold it there. Don't forget to remove all 4 bolts from the TC (crank motor by hand with pull bar on the crank to get all 4 one at a time) but remove the drain plug and drain it first. It will be just inside the hole on the bottom of the trans where there should be a rubber plug that easily pulls out.

Some say they can do it without dropping the fuel tank but I prefer to just get it out of the way. Fuel tank is held up with 4 bolts, 2 straps - 2 bolts each. On the back of the fuel tank, there is a rubber hose that loops over the shaft from one side to the other. I would take the passenger side loose and then you have two clips that hold two fuel lines to the tank and two hoses are clamped, kinda on the back side of the tank on the passenger side.

Again, two people under the car helps out tremendously.

Before installing any trans, make sure to spend the $20.00 for front and rear seals and I would also do the 1-2 accumulator and springs and J-Mod it too.

Members online

No members online now.
Back