Tranmission Flush

shouldn't be more than 50.00 extra to change the filter...

ALSO whatever you do, dont let a "know it all" at the dealership tell you that you dont need Mercron V.
I would ask to see the mercron V before it's installed...when you do.
open one of the bottles and SMELL IT
It should smell like the worst thing you've ever smelled "probably".
It should smell like Rotten Fish oil, or something really bad like that.

After the trans service, smell what is on your dipstick.. if it doesnt make you GAG.. go in there and get a refund because they "bait and switched" and put mercron III in your car.

That's just wrong man :eek: For some reason I thought of stank...... well I'm not even going to finish my sentence ;) HAHA!

That's just wrong man :eek: For some reason I thought of stank...... well I'm not even going to finish my sentence ;) HAHA!

and you nose is correct...that is what I thought when I smelled it for the first time.
(lol)

I need to change the trans fluid in my 02 TC. I work for a Ford/subaru dealership and they told me $140 to put in some cleaner then run it for about ten miles and then flush everything. They claim with the cleaner it will clean the filter and make taking off the pan and changing the filter not necessary. The want to put in some sort of BG additive. Opinions please.

They claim with the cleaner it will clean the filter and make taking off the pan and changing the filter not necessary.

that is ludicrous..and if it were true.

Would you really wanting the cleaner to "break down" the stuff the filter has caught and release it into your valve body?

What they are telling you is CRAP...
there is NO way around "replacing the filter".

they are LAZY and just want to tell you "CRAP" rather than actually "perform a quality service".

your 02 trans should contain all the popular and much needed upgrades already.

if you want a firmer 1-2 shift you can change out the upper spring with a different rate spring.
Max at Fivestarford.com will have that spring and can give you the part number if you want to try and dig it up at your Ford/Subaru dealer.

Members online

Back