trailer hitch?

Former Member

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of a Ls with a trailer hitch on it?

The one i found can be removed and put on in 30 minutes (they say). Do these really just bolt on or do you have to drill holes to mount them?

says 3500lbs max on the hitch, i assume the LS v8 can pull that much. i just need it to tow motorcycles.

What/where did you find?

I was thinking about doing that but everyone thought I was crazy. I have 2 quads I need to pull and I've been pulling them with my 4 cyl s-10....it can do it but its not happy.

my trailer with quads would weigh around 1500 lbs with maybe a 400 lb tounge weight.

I'd love to see/hear from someone that pulls a trailer with their LS

WOW, page 216 of the 2006 Owner's Guide says the LS is not equipped to tow and no towing package is available. It also gives no towing capacity, but it does give a formula on calculating payload capacity.

I towed a 15' U-Haul trailer loaded to the ceiling from Ocala, FL to Kokomo, IN with my 2000 LS no problems. I bought a do it yourself hitch, I think it was drawtite brand (Maybe) but I did not have to trim my bumper at all (I think that's only on the LSE which is what the directions said), it just required drilling 2 holes in the frame / bumper support and the remaining holes were already there. They make a wiring harness as well that just plugs into the factory unit and does not interfere with the computers in any way. I did only manage to average 16 mpg on the interstate pulling that thing though, but the engine didn't seem overworked and it handled it very well. Hope that helps you out.

I towed a 15' U-Haul trailer loaded to the ceiling from Ocala, FL to Kokomo, IN with my 2000 LS no problems. I bought a do it yourself hitch, I think it was drawtite brand (Maybe) but I did not have to trim my bumper at all (I think that's only on the LSE which is what the directions said), it just required drilling 2 holes in the frame / bumper support and the remaining holes were already there. They make a wiring harness as well that just plugs into the factory unit and does not interfere with the computers in any way. I did only manage to average 16 mpg on the interstate pulling that thing though, but the engine didn't seem overworked and it handled it very well. Hope that helps you out.

Towing isn't about the engine, it's about the chassis. It's about what stresses the chassis can handle while towing.

Members online

Back