Traded the LSE

Pete02LSE

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well...after almost 4 weeks of trying to sell the LSE and nary an inquiry on it...I just sucked it up an gave it away (I mean...traded it). What made my decision easy was the vehicle I traded it in on...a 2003 Yukon SLT 2WD. It has EVERY option available (e.g. quad captains chairs, XM, OnStar, Autoride, moon roof, DVD player) and the miles were right (50k). So...basically, for the LSE and about 9k, we got a year newer vehicle, 20k less miles, and...more options. However, the most important factor is that the Yukon will be much better suited for 2 children under the age of 3. It will be easier for my wife to get them in and out...and...the grandparents can sit in the 3rd row so we can all go to dinner together. In the end...I hate that I gave it away...but...it was too good of a deal to pass up.

Thanks for all of the support here...I probably won't be around much anymore...off to GM-trucks.com.

-Pete
02LSE

Cool for you.... I am about to trade in my LS for a new Corvette. (my kids are now grown)

Enjoy your truck...

Thanks y'all. I forgot to mention that I still have the following items if someone is interested:

- the factory cat-back with LSE exhaust tips
- Lincoln LS phone kit
- Lincoln LS dealer banner (from an actual dealer...says car of the year on it)
- Lincoln Sales binders

If anyone is interested...just let me know.

Thanks again...

-Pete
02LSE

Sad day, but hopefully you enjoyed your LSE (I know I enjoy mine).

Kudos on a great deal on the truck, though Grandma and Grandpa might have a hard time getting in and out of the thing if it's 4wd. I know my grandparents won't even attempt to get in my 4wd Expedition, it's too strenuous, which is why we always take the LSE out to dinner (also because my dad likes to zip around in it from time to time)

Pete02LSE said:
Well...after almost 4 weeks of trying to sell the LSE and nary an inquiry on it...I just sucked it up an gave it away (I mean...traded it). What made my decision easy was the vehicle I traded it in on...a 2003 Yukon SLT 2WD. It has EVERY option available (e.g. quad captains chairs, XM, OnStar, Autoride, moon roof, DVD player) and the miles were right (50k). So...basically, for the LSE and about 9k, we got a year newer vehicle, 20k less miles, and...more options. However, the most important factor is that the Yukon will be much better suited for 2 children under the age of 3. It will be easier for my wife to get them in and out...and...the grandparents can sit in the 3rd row so we can all go to dinner together. In the end...I hate that I gave it away...but...it was too good of a deal to pass up.

Thanks for all of the support here...I probably won't be around much anymore...off to GM-trucks.com.

-Pete
02LSE

Happy for you, but it seems your still trying to convince us and yourself you made the right decision. :frown: :frown:

good luck with the new yukon! I'm sure you will enjoy it since GM full size SUV's ride great and have loads of options.

can you post a picture of it by any chance?

decibels5 said:
Happy for you, but it seems your still trying to convince us and yourself you made the right decision. :frown: :frown:

Nahhh...it was just a tough decision to give the car away. I mean...I know what it's worth...at least to me. Problem is...the general public really doesn't know diddly about a performance Lincoln. Much less the cool factor of the LSE package.

Even on the way to trade it...I was still throwing it into curves and enjoying the balance and handling. It's still a great car in my eyes...it just sucks that sooo many others do not appreciate it. And...my appreciation for it...does not change the fact that it sucks for 2 children under the age of 3. The LS is just too small.

-Pete
02LSE (traded)

mint05LS said:
good luck with the new yukon! I'm sure you will enjoy it since GM full size SUV's ride great and have loads of options.

can you post a picture of it by any chance?

Well...not yet. The weather has been quite poor here lately...so...no pics. But...I can tell you it is Dark Charcoal Metallic w/shale interior. Kinda an odd color combination if you ask me...but...that's part of what attracted me to it. I like things that are not the norm. I would have expected a dark gray interior...but...shale...too cool. Polished wheels, running boards, and vent shades on all 4 windows.

-Pete
02LSE (traded)

Members online

Back