Traded In the LS

lincolnx2

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I traded my LS in yesterday for a 2012 Camry, I hated to see it go, but upkeep was starting to kick my arse. I will still be around as I still have my Aviator and the chat room is how I spend my Wednesday evenings. I have the factory wheels, with almost new tires is anybody wants to make me a offer. They are alloy, not chrome.

Camry.jpg

Thanks, I love the aggresive look. its fully loaded, every option, and I still paid under 29K w/ financing through Toyota. I dont like the offset on the wheels, but I love the rims for some reason.

Ouch. With 25K you could have gotten a lightly used 2010 G35/G37 with warranty.

Ouch, another trades his LS for a Camry. Lifeless econbox :( As long as you're happy, that's all that matters though!

I've driven my buddies 04' Camry a few times, and I hate to admit that it provides a comfy drive, nothing on the LS, but it's smooth. It also feels better on poor roads than a LS because the details of the road can barely be felt in his Camry, which can be good or bad depending on the roads in your area.

I've driven my buddies 04' Camry a few times, and I hate to admit that it provides a comfy drive, nothing on the LS, but it's smooth. It also feels better on poor roads than a LS because the details of the road can barely be felt in his Camry, which can be good or bad depending on the roads in your area.

Most of those family sedans ride smoother, because they have a suspension designed for that. Ours is setup more like a track vehicle, so you can actually feel the road. try to take a sharp turn at 60mph in a camry and watch what happens. Do the same in an LS if you havent already...the car maintains traction.

While the LS isnt a sports car, it sure as hell handles like one.

While the LS isnt a sports car, it sure as hell handles like one.

These cars are a blast to drive in the mountains. I have only done it a few times, but its worth the trip every time.

Congrats on the new car purchase BTW.

Although I'm happy that you found a car you like, there are dozens of cars id rather have baught for 29k. Ones that would not look like everything else out there and woul be 100x more fun too drive. So many possibilities!! Unless you're farting money, buying an awesome used car is best. A car that would make a statement other than; I like getting good gas mileage.

But like I said before, I'm glad you found a car.

if i was going to buy a yoda (i know, big if), it would have to be a FRS.

A car that would make a statement other than; I like getting good gas mileage.

I had a 2012 Camry 4-banger as a loaner/rental whilst getting my new front bumper. I was throughly unimpressed my the mileage. I get ~21 with my LS while the Camry delivered ~25 over the same course. IMHO, 4 mpg isn't worth the effort. Besides, my LS is paid for :D

I was having a discussion with my dad recently about a new car he wanted to buy. My parents are retired and on fixed income, and their budget is limited. I recomended a camry/fusion/accord/malibou because they are made in large quantities. They are also inexpensive (basic trim levels) and fairly economic even though they are "midsize."

Well he is a chevy man and midsize was too expensive so he traded his 01 Monte Carlo SS 160K for a new Chevy Cruise. "Appliance" comes to my mind as well.

Ouch. With 25K you could have gotten a lightly used 2010 G35/G37 with warranty.

I am not really a infinity/nissan fan. I was looking at gas mileage more than anything. I will be driving from Tennessee to DC about 2x's a month. I really like the looks of the Camry, and it came fully loaded.

Ouch, another trades his LS for a Camry. Lifeless econbox :( As long as you're happy, that's all that matters though!

I could no longer afford to fix the LS, I needed Catalyc Converters, I cant afford to spend $1200.00on a car thats barely worth $5,000.00. Car shut down on me in the middle of the road, would not start or shift into gear so I could push it out of traffic, 300 diag fee; replaced battery. My LS was just not dependable anymore. I need something I can effortlessly put miles on.

These cars are a blast to drive in the mountains. I have only done it a few times, but its worth the trip every time.

Congrats on the new car purchase BTW.

I appreciate it, I had it on a short trip to Nashville (45 mins) car was flawless, flawless, and my wife never realized we hit triple digits a few times.

Although I'm happy that you found a car you like, there are dozens of cars id rather have baught for 29k. Ones that would not look like everything else out there and woul be 100x more fun too drive. So many possibilities!! Unless you're farting money, buying an awesome used car is best. A car that would make a statement other than; I like getting good gas mileage.

But like I said before, I'm glad you found a car.

I am from from farting money, I made the decision based on what appealed to me, The Camry has the power I need, my LS was only a V6, so the camry is faster than the LS.

I had a 2012 Camry 4-banger as a loaner/rental whilst getting my new front bumper. I was throughly unimpressed my the mileage. I get ~21 with my LS while the Camry delivered ~25 over the same course. IMHO, 4 mpg isn't worth the effort. Besides, my LS is paid for :D

My LS was paid for, but I was spending out hundreds in car repair. The LS is an expensive car, I cannot afford to shell out thousands every year on car repairs. My Camry got 30MPG averaging 75MPH hitting triple digits a few times on a recent trip to Nashville.

Members online

Back