Track times after a round of mods!

JSev22

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently spent a good month upgrading my setup with new cylinder heads, bigger shorties, roller rockers and dr's. Being a novice mechanic, I was curious if all my work would produce results. After tuning it all for over 1/2 a day at the track, I finally hit on the right combonation of fuel pressure and initial timing. The results: I took .8 off my pevious best and increased my trap speed by 5 mph! It was very warm and humid that day so with a little more time (gotta break those dr's in!) and some better conditions a 13-something is in the cards :D Then, it's time for a power-adder :eek: :L

timeslip2.jpg

John

driller said:
That's it? For a 14.4 @ 95!

That makes me want to mod my '91 LSC! :L

hehe sorry, maybe I should give out the full story :D

'89 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 3975lbs

65mm tb, 75mm MAF, Cobra intake w/(home) ported lower, plenum spacer, 24lb injectors, 1 5/8" shortys, Holley heads, 1.7 rockers, pullies, poly mounts, Bassani X-pipe w/cats, 2 1/4" Dynomax cat-back, fenderwell C.A.I., 255 lph pump, 4.10's, Art Carr AOD w/wide ratio and 2600 non-lockup, ext. cooler, deep pan, poly bushings all riding on 95 Cobra's w/ Nitto DR's.

Last edited:
JSev22 said:
I recently spent a good month upgrading my setup with new cylinder heads, bigger shorties, roller rockers and dr's. Being a novice mechanic, I was curious if all my work would produce results. After tuning it all for over 1/2 a day at the track, I finally hit on the right combonation of fuel pressure and initial timing. The results: I took .8 off my pevious best and increased my trap speed by 5 mph! It was very warm and humid that day so with a little more time (gotta break those dr's in!) and some better conditions a 13-something is in the cards :D Then, it's time for a power-adder :eek: :L

timeslip2.jpg

John
Congratulations!
Did you have a time BEFORE your mods?

OldSchool1 said:
... also, turn off the airconditioner before you start :)
I left it off until I left the track and drove home....picked up groceries on the way as well :N Old best was 15.285@ 90.87 without stuff mentioned. 15.310 @ 91.09 before tranny and rear gear mods....never ran it stock but now I have a pure stocker to give it a shot with :p

Members online

No members online now.
Back