Tough decision with the car

DrJsl2008

LVC Member
Reaction score
I've had my 02 v8 LS for about 4 months, but I just got offered a trade for a 2000 audi s4 with 20,000 less miles. I love the LS but those cars are incredible, just thought I'd find out if anyone here had any experience with them. I don't want to regret my decision either way so I thought I'd get as much information as possible.

if you think the ls was expensive to maintain, just wait till you try to get that audiS4 serviced.....

if you think the ls was expensive to maintain, just wait till you try to get that audiS4 serviced.....

Also consider Insurance and that audi is pretty consistently rates poorly on reliability. So I agree with this guy ^^^

I've had my 02 v8 LS for about 4 months, but I just got offered a trade for a 2000 audi s4 with 20,000 less miles. I love the LS but those cars are incredible, just thought I'd find out if anyone here had any experience with them. I don't want to regret my decision either way so I thought I'd get as much information as possible.

Why would someone offer a straight trade?

the S4 is a awesome car - but very expensive to maintain. With that said, most performance cars are - excluding the pony cars at kept the electronics down and stayed with all motor.

Why would someone offer a straight trade?

Yea, must be costing him/her a lot of money or they think it's about to fail. I highly doubt that it's because they absolutely would rather have an LS. I love my LS but trade for an S4 it just sounds fishy.

DrJsl2008, is there anything special about your LS that makes it more appealing? Sound system or other mods?

Well its a couple years newer, and the s4 needs the back bumper replaced. I saw it and everything, and it's not a big problem. His reasoning was that this is a hobby and he was just ready for a different car.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

How do you know the Audi isn't suffering from something similar to what the LS's suffer, like failing coils, or lord knows what else?

Maintenance is expensive on German cars, this is true. It costs 120 bucks just for an oil chance on some cars I own. Now, granted, the oil change is good for 10,000 miles (which I don't trust, I do them every 5,000 miles). But parts, labor, and general maintenance is a lot more than on say, an LS.

Keep that in mind. Don't buy (trade in your case) for a car you can't afford maintenance on.

And for the record, I'm not implying you couldn't afford the maintenance on it. But if you don't have a factory warranty, you should have at least $3,000 stashed away just for when stuff breaks down on that audi. It may not cost 3 grand every time, but with their reliability (or lack thereof), you might end up shelling more cash than you'd want.

Finally!
A thread where the LS getting some love! In one way or another at least;)

Finally!
A thread where the LS getting some love! In one way or another at least;)

I joined this site before I bought my LS knowing the problems it may have. Good thing too because It's had several of those problems. I bought the car because I love that it's rare and I've wanted one for years. If you want the audi S4 I say go for it, after you've done some serious research on it though. Find a good audi forum and join. Find out the problem areas and decide if it's worth it. It would be your car so it's want you want that matters.

Cars are often love affairs. Sometime they last and sometimes they don't.

Cars are often love affairs. Sometime they last and sometimes they don't.

And sometime you cheat on it with a ‘Moped’ because its fuel efficient. So weeks go by and you don’t tell your friends or anybody you’re driving a ‘Moped’ on the side and one of your friends friends/sisters/brothers catches you on the ‘Moped’ and the jig is up!:eek:

And sometime you cheat on it with a ‘Moped’ because its fuel efficient. So weeks go by and you don’t tell your friends or anybody you’re driving a ‘Moped’ on the side and one of your friends friends/sisters/brothers catches you on the ‘Moped’ and the jig is up!:eek:

thres a quote for someones sig...lmao! :D

Members online

Back