Torrie tune or preloaded Xcal3?

238LS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, as I'm sure you know SCT is making Xcal 3's that have 3 preloaded tunes for the 3.9L LS now. Part #SCL-3015. Of course you can buy a blank Xcal3part # SCL-3000 and purchase the Torrie tunes for it. The price for the preloaded one is $379 and the blank one is $379 plus the cost of Torries tunes which I believe are $150. Have any of you had expierence with each? My car is pretty much stock, just a K&N intake and magnaflow cat back. I'm wondering if its worth getting the Torrie tunes or not. If they are better I'm willing to pay though. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

I got my Xcal 3 from Torrie with his tunes for $379 after $20 coupon code.

i was going to say, usually if you buy the device from the tuner, they usually work in a great deal. with a lot of the time it being included or not much extra.

Torrie's tunes have some additional modifications - I think mostly in the tranny - than the pre-loaded tunes.

Sounds good guys, I will get with Torrie about it and go from there.

Well I finally pulled the trigger and ordered and Xcal 3 from Torrie. Can't wait for it to show up! I did mention to him that I only have 90 octane fuel available where I live but I'm sure he can take care of that for me. I usually fill it up when I'm out of town where I can 91 or 93 but every once in while I have to get some here.

Yeah it sucks. If I hadn't done all the work to my house and finally have it the way I want I would be more likely to move haha.

High altitude in Montana? The higher up you are, the less octane required.

Only about 3,000 feet. Im over in the southeast corner so no pretty mountains to look at haha.

Members online

No members online now.
Back