Tornado Fuel Saver

:bsflag: :bsflag: :bsflag: :bsflag: :bsflag: :bsflag:

:eek: This falls in the same catagory as the silent knock additive LOL

The best way to save gas is to walk!

I'm going to but some cobrastars on my sneakers and kick some a$$!!

Just stating a fact.

“You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make them drink”

I am in total agreement with you here. Allot of these new guy's do not put the effort into searching for the information they seek. It gets frustrating when you hear the same exact question asked week after week when all these people have to do is search around for 5-10 minutes and come up with the answer from a previous thread. People need to help themselves first; then ask questions.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/search.php?searchid=707708

this is what came up when i typed in Tornado Fuel Saver (exactly what's on the title of this one) it took me about 5 seconds to find it. although you have to sift through other models they can be found. i am in agreement with you guys but at times i defend these people because they are new as this fellow is. at times i believe some of these people do leave our community because they feel offended right off the bat and maybe down the line they might have contributed to this same community. just my .02 cents.

my bad fellas...i am a noob and just starting to get use to the whole forum world...i do appreciate all your guys help....thanks

yea i ran about 18 mpg wihtout it about 18.6 go figure lol

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/search.php?searchid=707708

this is what came up when i typed in Tornado Fuel Saver (exactly what's on the title of this one) it took me about 5 seconds to find it. although you have to sift through other models they can be found. i am in agreement with you guys but at times i defend these people because they are new as this fellow is. at times i believe some of these people do leave our community because they feel offended right off the bat and maybe down the line they might have contributed to this same community. just my .02 cents.

Rick some new guys are picked on too quickly but those examples are pretty few. Most new people could benefit from a little ribbing. That will motivate them to do a little looking for themselves rather than waste peoples time with another duplicate question being asked. I firmly believe that there are many people here who are just jumping at the chance to help others; especially the new guys. The problem is when there is no effort shown in return by those new people to try to find info on their own before launching a barrage of questions. I encounter this stuff all the time and I am not even talking about anything in relation to my business. I have no less than 10 people email me a week more or less asking me to give them a free education in such things as turbocharging, nitrous oxide, custom tuning and so on. It gets hard to deal with when 75% of this information they seek is already out there readily accessible with a simple search. It may not sound so nice but there are times where the only way a person will take something serious is when they are offended in some way because of it. While those people may or may not choose to stay here they will probably think twice before posting extremely basic questions before searching next time.

The discussion we are having here has much broader bounds than just this thread. I hope the OP doesn't think what I say is only directed towards them. While in a small part it is, most is more generally directed towards all the newbies out there who bombard with questions having not bothered to do a simple search first.

i understand, and i was agreeing with you as i too get tired of seeing the same o questions but i must say sometimes i give noobs some slack. i'll join in the "ribbing" from now on

Nobody's forced to click the
reply.gif
icon.

reply.gif
icon.

exactly....if its a thread you have seen already then just skip to the next one and go on with your day....but it is nice to have people respond to repeated questions...its not like it takes that much time out of ur day....damn your already online at that point....thanks for the help tho....you guys give good advice

reply.gif
icon.

You are correct. However people are forced to weed through repeat after repeat after repeat threads trying to find information they are looking for. Doesn't sound exactly fair to those guys does it?

Where's Frogman when you need him LOL....

I do believe newbies should use the search... But some newbies have no clue how to use a site like LvC or any other Forum.

They come looking for simple answers to problems and have no clue how to search. I assume they look at the top pages in the forums and don't see their question then post. Some may try something simple just to get started. We should not try to chase them away but bring them into the fold.

I feel we should be tolerable to newbies, but in the same find away to teach them how to search for their information while helping them out by answering their questions. If you don't like the question you don't have to reply. If you don't like the question you don't have to click and open the thread.

Newbies who continue to repost questions and fail to use the search feature need a stronger tone and are fair game...

Simple repeat questions are also a way for former newbies to start answering new member's questions and get involved with the Forum process. They help out with what they know.

Again I do feel your pain about repeat threads and understand your frustration, especially for those who are more advanced on the Forum process or Automotive knowledge.

I'll talk Joey and see if he will put in the Newbie LvC thread on how to search for information... It may reduce some of the reposts... PM has been sent

I'll talk Joey and see if he will put in the Newbie LvC thread on how to search for information... It may reduce some of the reposts... PM has been sent

I spent a little time earlier today looking for something similar to what you mention. I agree, and believe a newby bulletin or thread with tips and hints would be pretty beneficial to both junior and senior members here. Should help keep things more organized here.

I've mentioned this before on here, but I was wondering if/when this forum will ever support real search options? As of right now it does an "or" search, where if you type 2 words into the search box, it will return results that contain one or the other (not guaranteed to contain both). When searching, the ability to do an "and" search (pretty common actually) is very helpful, because you know the results you get back are guaranteed to contain both words somewhere in the thread.

Members online

No members online now.
Back