Tornado bs or not?

95Marklll(Kingcobra)

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I hear all the time about that tornado that is suppose to make a vortex of air that increases mileage and power. I myself think its BS but others tell me it works, read many forms on sites saying they lost power and mileage. My uncle has a 97 grand marquie and he swears by the tornado. I know every car is different but is it BS or what?

lol thats what I thought vortex of air is created, ok by the time it reaches when it counts theres so many bends and turns the air goes through it wouldent matter by the time it reached it would be the same as if it wasent there

They did a study on it and actually found that it DECREASED HP and MPG lol I have to find the article

Complete and utter...
bsflag.gif

Here's why

Why would anyone want to put a restriction into their airflow path?

I dont understand the logic of this! It makes absolutely no sense to stick a piece of metal in your TB tube that makes the air go a certain way to give you more power and fuel economy. It makes NO sense!

MarkVIII93 said:
I dont understand the logic of this! It makes absolutely no sense to stick a piece of metal in your TB tube that makes the air go a certain way to give you more power and fuel economy. It makes NO sense!

I dont understand the logic of a 4' wing on a honda, but people still do it, and in droves.

When are they gonna pay?

If I read the article correctly, the only way swirling the air would help is if it could make the air swirl into the cylinders, but it doesn't do that.

The first time I saw this on television, I thought it was legit since they supposedly dyno-tested the cars before and after the Tornado install.

Has anybody sued for false advertising yet?

The tornado may work on other cars, but with all the curves and bends b4 it ever gets to the inside of the motor (as stated above) for the mark it's a no go. A higher volume air filter would be a better investment. The easier she can breath the better she'll run.

No, it works on NO car. WTF with bumping a thread this old anyway.

Some of us haven't been members for 10 yrs or had their Mark 8 for that long. Was looking for info on the tornado and guess what, I actually found it here. To all who posted thank you. I was sure that a tornado would do no good for my Mark after reading the posts.I put a K+N air filter on my Mark for better air flow and am happy with the results.
My sister has a Jeep that she drives on a rural mail route every day. She tracks her mileage and gas useage. Her husband put a tornado on it and she picked up 1-2 mpg. which is why I stated that in some apps it might work, but not on the Mark 8.

No, they just do not work period. There is no proof out there at all. Zero, zilch.

Also K&N are the same BS. They are an okay filter, but they do not improve anything. Its a filter, thats all. The restrictive part is the throttle body. The filter could be double in size, for example, and make zero difference. Again, simple physics.

Members online

No members online now.
Back