Top speed

My 91 SE hit top speed easily, my speedo pinned for a liitle bit, I guessed 125 before the car quit (scary feeling) I believe 116 is the cut off as speedo errors are common at that speed. I always thought it was 120, close enough.

HotLincoln said:
I own an 89 Lincoln mark7 and can tell you from experience this car goes faster the 110,120,130 .I figured with the time it took my car to decelerate from the top end back down to 85 ,I was cruising above 130.Also as fast as everything was passing byI was definitely going faster then 110 or 120.I know what it feels like to do 110 or 120 and let me tell you it doesnt feel anything like doing 135 0r 140.i have been in many cars going above 120(the fastest I personally ever went was 160 in my buddies 68 corvette with a 454 in it,we buried the speedo).So may it betold,your mark7 will go faster then 120!!!!!

THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL A STOCK 7 WILL GO THAT SPEED!!! I HAVE BEEN THERE, DONE THAT IN MY OLD 7 AND THE SPEEDO BARELY WENT OVER 120!!! THIS THREAD SUCKS DONKEYS FOR QUARTERS AND SOMEHOW IT KEEPS COMING BACK!!!

Black87LSC said:
THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL A STOCK 7 WILL GO THAT SPEED!!! I HAVE BEEN THERE, DONE THAT IN MY OLD 7 AND THE SPEEDO BARELY WENT OVER 120!!! THIS THREAD SUCKS DONKEYS FOR QUARTERS AND SOMEHOW IT KEEPS COMING BACK!!!

It makes me smile when we agree on something. ;)

Black87LSC said:
Sorry man, I'm kinda new and never saw it before. It is a gay thread agreed.

Even with the 5spd my car stops pulling @ 120 or so because of drag. Its a stock HO with new air, plugs, fuel, pcv, wires, cap, rotor, seafoam treatment in oil, gas ,and engine, removed air silencer, equal length shorty headers, no cats, flowmasters, less weight with the 5spd plus i've ripped a bunch of :q:q:q:q out, the speedo gear and ABS disabled (they tell the computer its doing 116 so it cuts it off)

Still with all of that, my NOT so stock mark vii would never see 130 miles per hour.

It just cant, stock. Not until your making more power, the aerodynamics of the car vs. the air (drag) WILL NOT ALLOW IT TO GO ANY FASTER, unless you are going down a 45 degree angled hill for 10 miles, your car will stop pulling at 120 give or take a few.

135-140 with a stock mark vii? all i can say about that is shut the :q:q:q:q up, never happened.

Just let this thread die.

Mine hit the shut off with 3 decent sized people inside, moon roof open, both windows down. If the limiter wasn't there, I could see alittle more, but not much.

Black87LSC said:
Don't hold back.
Tell us how you ~really~ feel :)

I hitmy shutter offer almost every day on the way to work and it feels like 110 or so. I beleive the 116 mph shut off is right.now all of this is on z-rated tires so i feel comfortable doing it.

all you guys act like 120 is so fast.well its not.try doing 160 in a vet,or how about 140 on a bored out harley.so quit your pissn and moanin. with that said,I am not the original owner of my mark7 so maybe the previous owner did some things to the engine that i don't know about,OK.maybe there is a chip in it,I don't know,but I do know it will go faster than 116,my freaken 4 popper dodge neon will do 116,she was screaman but she did it,so i know my mark will go faster then my neon.

HotLincoln said:
all you guys act like 120 is so fast.well its not.try doing 160 in a vet,or how about 140 on a bored out harley.so quit your pissn and moanin. with that said,I am not the original owner of my mark7 so maybe the previous owner did some things to the engine that i don't know about,OK.maybe there is a chip in it,I don't know,but I do know it will go faster than 116,my freaken 4 popper dodge neon will do 116,she was screaman but she did it,so i know my mark will go faster then my neon.

Go you :rolleyes:

Well..If it means anything I have a jet chip which removes the stock 116 limit...I know it will go over 120...Im guessing atleast 130....I have had mine buried at 120 like nothing.....

Hahahahahhaha this effing thread, please, please, please just let this POS dieeeeeeeeeeee. A stock mark vii will not do over 130, period.

just had 2 add my 2 cents

That is so sad that your stock and modded mark 7's only do like 120-125. My 94 mark 8 does 130 with the "od" off at 7 grand. Quad cams rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

Back