Top speed

the lincoln mark vii can do well over 120

i have reached speeds of 140mph in my lincoln mark vii with only mods being cold air intake and larger wheels i kno the speedo goes up to 120 but a buddy of mine has a corvette and he stated we reached 140 mph after my speedo pinned at 120 for about 10 secs

!CID__Picture040.jpg

The Speedo on my mark VIII goes up to 140.
Its a 97'
I havent got it just yet but i put a down payment on it and ill be getting it in a couple of days after my insurance company comes through with some money.
I smashed up my continetal, damn brakes.
I'll post some pictures.

MarkVIIpredator said:
I'm thinking I will be laying down low 15's to high 14's with my car around 90-100 mph. :steering

Anything close to 100mph in the quarter is about as believeable as taking a Mark VII over 120.

What's done to your car?

The car is goverened to 116 and stock instruments are KNOWN to be off.

Unless you have some prototype car, I'm sorry, but the car ain't goin' over 116.

I beg to differ. i have a 88 bb and all it has is a cold air intake, leaking injectors, and a spun ballancer, and i past a vette that was doing 115i passed him like nothin. i was going a good 20mph faster than him, and the RPM's were still climing hella good. now i know that my speedo is really off, but i did the math and i was going about 135, so i know for a fact that the mark will go faster than 116. now lets see what Old School 1 has to say, take it over....

Until I see pics/video of a GPS unit or radar gun in use, I'm calling :bsflag:

What math did you use? Hopefully it's not the same that told you over 100mph in second gear.

no, my math didnt say that i could do 100 in 2nd, that was according to edelbrock. my math says that in 2nd, i could do only like 50-70 in 2nd depinding how hard i want to push the poor old motor

The VIII, ungovernered, according to Ford, is supposed to be able to hit 162.
That's with considerably better aerodynamics and almost 100 extra horsepower.

thanks i was wondering i just got that car and havent pushed it yet waiting for the right conditions

GTCs have the same engine computer, unless they had the 5.8L swap. 116 MPH again is the limit. For all the other speed demons out there, I'd worry about tires and driveline vibration, which are the two main reasons behind speed limiters.

I thought that mk8s that were outfitted safetywise for it and delimited were good for something near 200? that was with a blueprinted and balanced motor and all, but still
by numbers, 5 grand in drive is roughly 122 mph. factor in tachometer inconsistencies and 118 makes more sense. that is, as long as your abs still works and your wheel speed sensors are functioning

Stealth 86` said:
I thought that mk8s that were outfitted safetywise for it and delimited were good for something near 200? that was with a blueprinted and balanced motor and all, but still
by numbers, 5 grand in drive is roughly 122 mph. factor in tachometer inconsistencies and 118 makes more sense. that is, as long as your abs still works and your wheel speed sensors are functioning

This is a Mark VII 7 seven thread...

top end

I own an 89 Lincoln mark7 and can tell you from experience this car goes faster the 110,120,130 .I figured with the time it took my car to decelerate from the top end back down to 85 ,I was cruising above 130.Also as fast as everything was passing byI was definitely going faster then 110 or 120.I know what it feels like to do 110 or 120 and let me tell you it doesnt feel anything like doing 135 0r 140.i have been in many cars going above 120(the fastest I personally ever went was 160 in my buddies 68 corvette with a 454 in it,we buried the speedo).So may it betold,your mark7 will go faster then 120!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back