Top Speed?

OH4LS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Why is it that my 04 LS is electronically limited to 134-135mph and the 00/02 models can exceed 140mph?

OH4LS said:
Why is it that my 04 LS is electronically limited to 134-135mph and the 00/02 models can exceed 140mph?
LOL TECHNOLOGY......They started getting smarter my s10 had it at 98 just because the factory put speed rated tires that only went to 98 ....My guess is that the 04ls has a speed rated tire that is onyl 134 mph (also where the hell were you doing 134mph )lol j.k. I was running on i-95 here in florida and was cruzzing about 100-105 just trying to make good time but I noticed the LS seems really really LOOSE at high speeds I didnt like the way the ass end handled the speed (my tires are new and they are inflated correctly) anyone else see what im taking about

SilverLS said:
LOL TECHNOLOGY......They started getting smarter my s10 had it at 98 just because the factory put speed rated tires that only went to 98 ....My guess is that the 04ls has a speed rated tire that is onyl 134 mph (also where the hell were you doing 134mph )lol j.k. I was running on i-95 here in florida and was cruzzing about 100-105 just trying to make good time but I noticed the LS seems really really LOOSE at high speeds I didnt like the way the ass end handled the speed (my tires are new and they are inflated correctly) anyone else see what im taking about
I've got alot of smooth open freeways where I live. They beg for triple digit speeds.

I've had mine to 143 on the dyno but haven't done that on the actual road. Too many state troopers around here!

they use to have all non-sport versions limited to 133mph - due to the fact that they were sold with h-rated tires. The Sports and Premiums (with the Sport option) were unlimited since they had better tires.

In 03 they went away from the two options as stuck with the 133 limit for all. You can remove this with the SCT XCal.

Why would you want to go faster than 133 mph anyway? Maybe I'm just getting old or it could be my 2 kids. Oh well!

SilverLS said:

I75 between Sarasota and Brandon there are some great spots. :D

00NORCAL V8 said:
Why would you want to go faster than 133 mph anyway? Maybe I'm just getting old or it could be my 2 kids. Oh well!

You in Roseville, Ca?

I am headed out there in a few weeks to do some work at a place called DirectApps. Anything fun going on out there?

hey guys just wondering
i havnt looked at the dash on a LS or a Mark befor
but dosn,t it just go up to 120
so how do you know if you are going 125 144 150 and so on and so on
i know my continental sess 120
but for some reason the speedomiter is 5mph off so if im going 55 im realy doing 50
but how do you know when your going over 120

GrayGhost1 said:
I've had mine to 143 on the dyno but haven't done that on the actual road. Too many state troopers around here!

Mine was dyno'd up to 130 man that was wild as hell sitting and watchinga car do 130 from the outside WHOA! It is worth the money to just watch and listen to it.

eL eS said:
You in Roseville, Ca?

I am headed out there in a few weeks to do some work at a place called DirectApps. Anything fun going on out there?

Yup. Not sure where DirectApps is though. Not too much going on around here. Whatcha looking for?

I was running on i-95 here in florida and was cruzzing about 100-105 just trying to make good time but I noticed the LS seems really really LOOSE at high speeds I didnt like the way the ass end handled the speed (my tires are new and they are inflated correctly) anyone else see what im taking about

SilverLS said:
I was running on i-95 here in florida and was cruzzing about 100-105 just trying to make good time but I noticed the LS seems really really LOOSE at high speeds I didnt like the way the ass end handled the speed (my tires are new and they are inflated correctly) anyone else see what im taking about
I always thought the car had faultless high speed stability.

The LS, I think handles great at 100+ mph. But we have to remeber its no Ferrari which has under body baffles which are solely designed for that very application . I have done 125 in the LS on I-75 heading south out of Toledo, Ohio, its a good time!

-Scott-

110 was the fastest I've gotten mine (Racing a WRX-STI) My wife was in the car so she put the kabash on that quickly! The time from 70-100 was alot faster than I expected.

Oh and I lost the race. *owned*

SilverLS said:

I know what you are talking about since it also happened to me after installing 2 new rear tires Monday. I saw the same thing (along with advance trac light flashing).

What exacty do you mean by inflated correctly? The tag on the door jamb states the tires should be inflated to 30# mine were at 32#.

I bumped them up to 38# (tire max is 44) and it runs like on rails again. :woowoo2:

I have the 16" stock wheels.

I brought her up to 150 mph according to the spedo. It really handle very well at speeds. This was late at night and there were no cars on the road.

I have a 00 Sport package.

'01 LS Sport and I booked 137ish on S.H.I.T.T.Y Missouri Highway 291/470 *missouri has the worst roads in the country* and it was solid as hell, I changed lanes a few times with no problems... then slowed down because I wanted to live!

Took my 02 LS8 Sport to the 140 limiter down I-27 the first night I got her solid as a rock. It dose have the Wings West ground effects though just not sure if they help or hinder me at those speeds.

Mine stops at about 120mph, 02 LS8, 41k miles. that is the lowest ive heard of. How did i get screwed?

I beleive it was:
- Viper on spray+
- Corvette twin-turboed

The corvette showed up on a truck - the viper drove there from Dallas.

Members online

Back