Too many choices HID kit.

Personally I would go with a 5000k bulb, they tend to throw a whiter light which our eyes pick up on better at night. The 4300k is more yellow and in some cases appear to give off less light. My mark came with aftermarket HIDs and autolamp worked just fine, BTW you can get a set of xentec HIDs for about 36 bucks, I can't speak to the quality yet as I'm ordering mine in October once I have the front end of my mark fixed after an accident.

My biggest worry is whether or not I need a realy harness. I don't care if there are autolamps on this car.

My biggest worry is whether or not I need a realy harness. I don't care if there are autolamps on this car.
That's a good point I hadn't considered if you can use the stock harness, and I don't have an answer to that, however I can snap a picture of where the ballast connects to give you an idea of how you would proceed if that would be any help. And like I said 36 bucks isn't too steep a price to start out and amazon has a pretty good return policy especially if it doesn't work for you.

Now when I bought the car it already had aftermarket HIDs in it but it looks like the stock ballast connections were tied off near the hood latch. Here's the ballasts that came with the car the red and blue wire plug into the bulb and the other connection plugs into the car
20190830_150034.jpg

Heres the ballast connections on the passenger side note the mesh braid wiring the next pic zoomed in is where it connects to the car
20190830_171855.jpg
20190830_171844.jpg

Heres what looks like maybe the stock harness maybe
20190830_171926.jpg
here's what it looks like on the driver side
20190830_171913.jpg

Hello, I recently purchased a set of "Stark" LED bulbs for my 95 Mark VIII. They are a 3 sided bulb with the fan at the base, they work great! But a error message "check exterior lights"displays on the DIC when I turn on the lights. I push the reset button, error message goes away, I repeat this action Every time I turn on the lights. My autolamp function is inoperable, I have to manually turn on my headlights, I would appreciate any information as to why they do not function. Do I need a new headlight sensor? Thank you for reading.

Honestly that's beyond my depth, however after the accident I don't have a drivers side headlight assembly until it comes in the mail. I get the same message I wonder if it has anything to do with the considerable lower voltage.

If you are missing a headlamp, error message is understandable. Found out the in line ballast on these Stark bulbs is the culprit that is causing my error message. Once your headlamp is installed, your error message should cease.

I should have clarified that I knew that much lol, I swapped out a bad ballast a few months ago when the error message popped up last time, I didn't even think about it til a few minutes ago.

Well this has been a bust. I got the kit but no instructions so I can't figure out how to get power to the bulb. The connector next to the bulb, circled in red, is what is confusing me. It has to connect to something or there is no power to the bulb. This what Headlight Experts said to buy and said a relay harness wasn't necessary. I am going to assume they were wrong. So sick of "experts" being clueless. :mad:

PicsArt_09-10-05.36.34.jpg

The relay harness is necessary to my knowledge because if I'm not mistaken that's how you wire it into the stock harness.

Well this has been a bust. I got the kit but no instructions so I can't figure out how to get power to the bulb. The connector next to the bulb, circled in red, is what is confusing me. It has to connect to something or there is no power to the bulb. This what Headlight Experts said to buy and said a relay harness wasn't necessary. I am going to assume they were wrong. So sick of "experts" being clueless. :mad:

View attachment 828572699
I found a step by step with pictures on cardomain
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2522432/1997-lincoln-mark-viii/

Oh bless their hearts. This company just opened a can of whatnot and I ain't playin. They don't sell low beams for the 97 mark viii yet went ahead and sold me these halogens NOT HID anyway. I am so sick of people seeing/hearing a woman and think it's cute she wants to play with the boys. When my arms are crovered in grease finger tip to elbow don't you dare condesend to me or I will lay a torque wrench up side your head sweetheart!

Oh bless their hearts. This company just opened a can of whatnot and I ain't playin. They don't sell low beams for the 97 mark viii yet went ahead and sold me these halogens NOT HID anyway. I am so sick of people seeing/hearing a woman and think it's cute she wants to play with the boys. When my arms are crovered in grease finger tip to elbow don't you dare condesend to me or I will lay a torque wrench up side your head sweetheart!
Wow what asshats

I indicated to you the only two legal (and also plug-n-play) options in your other thread.
The illegal (but the odds are low you will ever get a ticket) options that you are exploring now are all going to require custom wiring on your part, and maybe some mechanical fabrication.

I seriously feel like a hostage with this problem.. I can't drive between 7am and 6pm and it will get worse with winter coming.
I have talked to four different companies including Kensun and they are all telling me I have to buy a whole new light assembly. I know this is not true so where in the %&!;!&÷=.=:.&&×.# do I get a LOW BEAM for this car? I looked at the HID installation instructions found here but it doesn't say where the bulb came from.

I seriously feel like a hostage with this problem.. .

I do feel for you here.

...they are all telling me I have to buy a whole new light assembly. I know this is not true...

No, they are absolutely correct. It is true, it is the only correct way forward. Here's the problem. Your reflectors in you headlight assemblies were designed for a specific bulb. They only work correctly with that bulb. The headlights are only DOT certified to work with those obsolete DC HID bulbs.
Ford did go back a design halogen headlight assemblies for your car. This is what they are talking about. They have reflectors designed for the halogen bulbs.

Sure, you can find a way to fit and power some other HID bulb and put them in there. All bets are off on how they will work with your reflectors and where the light will go. Often there may be enough light for you to see by, but you could be blinding your fellow drivers. My eyes have some problems, and so it seems that I am particularly troubled/blinded by all these kids now using the illegal HID and LED conversions (including my son). Please note that on all the aftermarket LED and HID kits, it says somewhere in the fine print that they are for off-road use only. This is because they can't be DOT certified.

I feel you we still have yet to get the driver side headlight assembly we bought off eBay there's a big gaping hole where the headlight assembly is supposed to be to be honest I don't care if they're illegal bulbs or not if they help me see I'm using them

Members online

No members online now.
Back