today really sucked reason 2 (pulled forward too far)

LikeNew02

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Today I had a second interview at company that I really want to work for. I parked in the visitor parking and go in for the interview. After the interview, I pull my car out and hear a scraping sound. I didn't think much of it, I figured that I must have pull my car in a little too much and scratched the bottom a little.

I get the car on the freeway going about 70ish, and hear some noise coming from the front of the car. I get my car to the softball field(5 milles away) and check out the car. The front plastic shield is hanging off on one side. Now I am looking at the front on my car saying "f*ck, sh*t, d*mm, wtf!" The corner of the plastic shield has been rubbed off. :Bang

Does any one know the part # of this part?

What is this part called?

How do you order this type of part online (I really don't want to order this at the stealership)? I don't think that online part stores usually list these type of parts.

At least I got the job. :dancefool

DSC00462.jpg

Last edited:
The number should be located on the part that you have shown in your picture. The part in question would be called the front lower splash shield.

As for your options........I would consider a salvage yard for the part. If you don't have access or luck with that suggestion, I would just go to the dealership and order the part. I tried finding that part online but did not have any luck with it.

I would highly recommend that you replace it or do the best with what you have left of it because you don't want all the road debris from driving to be damaging any of your engine components (such as your alternator, drive belt, etc. Best of luck.

Congratulations on your new job! Losing a little piece of plastic is nothing at least it didnt flip off and damage anything on your or someonelses's ride!

Enjoy the job!

thanks for the tips.

I ckecked about 5 local junk yards and none of them had a lincoln ls.

So I order the piece from the dealer for $59.49. The price was not as bad as I expected.

congrats on the job, and also that is not too bad of a price the stealership quoted you for.

I had the same thing happen and I just re-attached the 'new shorter' version. My dad works for a FLM dealer and said it isn't going to hurt anything with the corner shaved off like that... I just didn't want to see it hanging down in the front.

Members online

No members online now.
Back