To All With S/C and Turbo Cars

olddavid

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
On Hemmings this morning, I was looking at Mark's and came across a 1998 LSC with 37k miles and a built engine for $26,990! I actually hope he gets it so all you guys out there who have worked so hard and so many hours have a benchmark for insurance, etc. The ad says the engine was built by Scott Hyland? I'm going from memory here. If you want to see the ad go to Hemmings classified and specify MarkVIII. A beautiful car even without 550 or 738 horsepower. But, no better than many I see here every week.

37k eh? Same as me. Only difference is mine needs a new door and a supercharger, and IK that ain't going to cost 20k unless he shoved an cold air intake from the Gods up above made from pure lightning and gold... I dont get where that 20k gap goes to.

the Sean Hyland car has been purchased. it is in route to Indiana from Cali, i believe as we speak. :)
the owner is on Facebook.

37k eh? Same as me. Only difference is mine needs a new door and a supercharger, and IK that ain't going to cost 20k unless he shoved an cold air intake from the Gods up above made from pure lightning and gold... I dont get where that 20k gap goes to.

Try building a 4v engine!

Does anyone know if they got anywhere close to the asking price? It only takes one to establish precedent. I had no idea it had been for sale before. I was only looking because my agent and I disagree as to replacement value on my car. I cannot insure it as a standard 16 year old vehicle, despite my long history with this company. I remember when the first '57 Chevy went over $100k. The Tri Five community went bonkers.

Perhaps you should look into "agreed value" coverage, where you pay to insure the vehicle at a certain amount no matter what it would normally appraise at.

and the fact that the silver mark has a fully built motor doesnt have a horrible khaki top on it

Now, now. Don't throw rocks. I'd love to have his low mileage on my car, but that top would have to go. They probably didn't want to be seen in it, hence the low mileage. :) Oh yeah, and the small matter of a completely gone through DOHC 32 valve motor, with supercharger, upgraded internals and mapping. Other than that, mostly stock. :)

and the fact that the silver mark has a fully built motor doesnt have a horrible khaki top on it

IDK about horrible, its just a ragtop. In fact theres days where I wake up and think its not so bad. I'm just trying to say 20k is ALOT of money to upgrade a car. You dont have to agree with me, although I dont know why you wouldn't.

IDK about horrible, its just a ragtop. In fact theres days where I wake up and think its not so bad. I'm just trying to say 20k is ALOT of money to upgrade a car. You dont have to agree with me, although I dont know why you wouldn't.
Yes im not agreeing with you, the car has a completely built 4v. And it was done by one the best modular shops around. You obviously dont know anything about building these cars, they cost alot to build especially by a shop. I would imagine it was everything of atleast 7-8k with labor included to build that motor not to mention the blower and dyno tuning time. Adds up pretty quick,not saying i would pay that at all

Members online

No members online now.
Back