Tire SURPRISE

Yeah it definitely is a doughnut, I think a 6" width. No one has that size and sofar no junk yards have it. And I am sticking with it blew up in the trunk, I would not put that back in my trunk all nice and tied down. Maybe I didn't hear it because I wasn't in the car, baking in the sun probably didn't help. So far I'm stuck without one. Hey Pete I was thinking the same exact thing but didn't want to say because I figured you would want to make a fool of yourself, you did good.

While the volume of air would be about the same at 60PSI on a smaller tire as opposed to 35PSI on a full size, the explosion would have been even greater then.

Not exactly.

The volume of air in a smaller tire (i.e. smaller volume) will always be less than the volume of air in a larger tire. Pressure is not a factor here at all. Volume is defined by the size of the tire.

The mass of air in a smaller tire (volume) at a higher pressure might very well be equal to the mass of air in a larger tire (volume) at a lower pressure. Mass is defined by the pressure times the volume.

Did you perhaps mean mass when you typed volume?

Not exactly.

The volume of air in a smaller tire (i.e. smaller volume) will always be less than the volume of air in a larger tire. Pressure is not a factor here at all. Volume is defined by the size of the tire.

The mass of air in a smaller tire (volume) at a higher pressure might very well be equal to the mass of air in a larger tire (volume) at a lower pressure. Mass is defined by the pressure times the volume.

Did you perhaps mean mass when you typed volume?

I meant volume. Gasses are measured in volume not mass. You are speaking of Density which indeed is measured by mass divided by volume.

Six and 1/2 dozen and all. It will still kill you.

Pressure does matter. Unless you're trying to say that for example, a container that explodes at 2000PSI has the same explosion damage as the same container exploding at only 1psi.

Look it up. Volume is defined as the space occupied. Pressure is not a factor.
Make a sealed box that is one foot long on each side. You now have a box that holds a volume of one cubic foot. Fill this box with one cubic foot of air at 35 PSI. You have a one cubic foot volume of air at 35 PSI. You have some particular mass of air, and a particular density of air.
Now, increase the pressure to 60 PSI by pumping in more air. The density of the air has increased, and so has the total mass. (The temperature went up too.) However, the volume of the air is still one cubic foot. That's the way that volume is defined.

What if the previous owner put nitric oxide (to boost oxygen levels and performance or whatever other period table elements are used for in tires, haha) in it and due to heat and rattling it exploded on the weakest side or sumthin...I just know my Creatine explodes if shaken due to nitric oxide...

:shifty: Uh..your creatine explodes??? What kind of explosion are you talking about? Think for a second if that WERE true, don't you think they're would be labels and warnings against shaking? Hell, it would wouldn't even be available to the public if that WERE true. I think you are confused with liquid nitro glycerine.

srr I'm a bit high on nitrous.....bought it off a ricer and thought it'd be funner than inhaling helium :-D woot!!!

Now this nitrous you breathe for fun....How does that sulfuric dioxide feel on your lungs that is mixed in with nitrous oxide to prevent huffing? :slam

Look it up. Volume is defined as the space occupied. Pressure is not a factor.
Make a sealed box that is one foot long on each side. You now have a box that holds a volume of one cubic foot. Fill this box with one cubic foot of air at 35 PSI. You have a one cubic foot volume of air at 35 PSI. You have some particular mass of air, and a particular density of air.
Now, increase the pressure to 60 PSI by pumping in more air. The density of the air has increased, and so has the total mass. (The temperature went up too.) However, the volume of the air is still one cubic foot. That's the way that volume is defined.

See? Now you gone done and annoyed me, so I figured I'd school you on Volume, Density and Pressures.

Unfortunately, I aint got chit. You are right, but damn it, I still stand by my statement. The tire would go "boom" with more force than a 35PSI tire.

Petesweet, I seriously doubt that would explode if shaken.

Imagine the person who drinks the stuff, then proceeds to do a vigorous run on a treadmill.

DUDE almost the same thing happened to me! i checked under there like 1 month ago and my tire had exploded kinda like yours but like half of the thread had ripped off kinda like when you see a big rig rubber blow off. and i had used it like 4months before when i had first bought the car and was fine when i took it out and when i put it back in. i thought it was just odd and a freak accident but i swear after seeing this something just is not right! could the battery being so close give off any electrical frequencies which could cause this. And I :q:q:q:q YOU NOT! im not making this up.

im going to take some pics and post them so you guys can see how mine looks like. and it had to have happened while in the trunk because its really obvious and i would have had to seen it and felt it when i used it

something just is not right! could the battery being so close give off any electrical frequencies which could cause this. And I :q:q:q:q YOU NOT! im not making this up.

"electrical frequencies"

Web TinfoilHat.jpg

I'm not sure what's more baffeling....the mystery exploding spare, or the foil hat cat!!!! My battery gives off electrical frequencies all the time. I keep telling the judge that's why I do bad things.:D :D :D

LMAO

Members online

No members online now.
Back