Tire Size

9_8_L_S_C

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
OK so I have some nw wheels coming this week-they are 17x9.Now I searched back through and nobody really says how wide thier rims are.I went to discount tires to price out some tires and the guy told me the recomended sizes 245-45-17 or 255-45-17 wouldnt fit well on this wide of a rim.what are you guys with cobra R's running ?and are yours 9 inches wide? And what brand for all season tires would all you recomend.

I'm running 275/40/17's all the way around on both the 95' and the 98'

I would'nt trade em for anything either.

Hankooks from discounttiredirect.com the 95's were 394 bucks shipped to my door. and the 98's were around 600 shipped.

Thanks Mike,I was getting worried that I had 4 paper weights on the way :shifty:

My brother runs the 255/45/17s on his 17x9 Cobras. Looks very nice, not too wide, if there is such a thing.

9_8_L_S_C said:
OK so I have some nw wheels coming this week-they are 17x9.Now I searched back through and nobody really says how wide thier rims are.I went to discount tires to price out some tires and the guy told me the recomended sizes 245-45-17 or 255-45-17 wouldnt fit well on this wide of a rim.what are you guys with cobra R's running ?and are yours 9 inches wide? And what brand for all season tires would all you recomend.

255-45-17 is a good size for that wheel and that car. Availability is good as well. You will probably have to get your front-end looked at if you end up getting bump-steer with that wide of a tire in the front. Thats what both my cars did with that wide of a front tire. Not a biggy though.

Brad

I've had no problems with any bumpsteer. I don't get it either, I heard from multiple people, that there was NO way I could run 275's on the front end of the VIII's. Jbit was running 275 series on his gen2 so I said what the hell, and ordered em up for mine. I'll never go back to the 245's I had on it.

Ok I ended up with 255-50-17 and they just fit-I have no idea how you guys got 275's to work-but god bless you.They had to shave the control arm a hair cause the letters on the tires were hitting it.:(

ok just got my Alignment done and am all set-just a warning,if you sensor lower your car get it aligned-mine was way out-heres a couple of pics-sorry havent washed the car in a week or so.

98 lsc wheels 006 (Small) (2).jpg

98 lsc wheels 007 (Small) (2).jpg

98 lsc wheels 008 (Small) (2).jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back