Tire Preferences, 18's or 19's

2FAST4U

LVC Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a set of both recently removed from a jag XF. Both sizes show very close diameter to stock so speed indication would be a non issue. The jag wheels show a hub diameter of 63.36 mm, is this consistent with Lincoln LS hub size? or is there a hub ring that needs to be purchased also.
Lug nuts......they will be visible. Does the jag lug fit the Lincoln too?

Attachments

• Wheel_19.doc
    156.5 KB · Views: 112
You shoulg go with the rim you like best. 18 'sride smoother than 19's but then 19's fill in better. You gain and lose some with any situation.

IMO, 20s look the best on the LS, but finding tasteful 20s in our bolt pattern with a reasonable offset is close to impossible. In addition to those problems, rubbing can be an issue if you don't consider the first comments.

I wanted 20s really bad, but there is nothing that looks good in a 20 for the LS that also fits well.. It is sad, so I went with 19s and the lowest drop I could get. My wheels are currently in shipment and I will post up when I get them, but I am scared they wont be big enough for what I want. Then again I have no installed my springs yet, so I am not sure how it is all going to fit. Crossing my fingers I will like it!

Cool you got wheels. The senta look real good on the ls, they're 20. But you're right, finding nice 20 that look good on the ls is hard

Ride quality kinda sicks with the 20's but they do look the best i think. If the roads in yur area are decent enough i would do that. As for the finding the right wheel, take your time, i looked for months before deciding on mine and im happy with it. i get compliments on them from young and old and some people actually think they're stock, lol. If your looking for 18's or 19's do the 19's, they'll stand out just a bit more than stock wheels and still be classy IMO

Cool you got wheels. The senta look real good on the ls, they're 20. But you're right, finding nice 20 that look good on the ls is hard

Yea if I don't like the ones im about to get, I may get some of the replica sentas and paint them black.

I was planning on possibly painting the 19s I have on order right now, they are machine faces with black elsewhere, I was going to eventually paint the machined spokes and have an all blacked out wheel... But I wanna see how it all looks first before I start painting brand new wheels.

asa_jh9_blkMF_ci3_l.jpg

ASA JH9.

I find that for me the 19's ride and handle so much better than stock. On the Stockers and 245/50/17 Pilots for the winter and they feel very loose and sloppy in comparison while really not riding much better. Lot quieter though. With the 19's try to go with a tire that is close to stock height. Not just for the speedo error but for suspension geometry and ride quality issues too. Car handles and drives much better on the current rubber than it did on the 275/30/19 and 245/35/19 Nitto 555's I had on before.

Those ASA rims should look great on there. There was a guy with a red LS on here a while back with those.

Yea he had 18s it looked pretty slick.

I am pretty excited to get thEse on for sure.

Yep.. If the fondmetals wouldn't have went up for sale, those would be on my car right now.

Oh, and glad to see you got 19's. Should look awesome.

those will look nice on your ls

Members online

No members online now.
Back