Tire Mystery

driller

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I bought these new tires.

Funny thing was they had a treadwear rating of "0".

Someone told me before I go racing with these new tires to heat 'em up real good. Well, the locals had this thing called FlashLight Drags(www.flashlightdrags.com) and I figured an airport would be a good place to heat these new tires up and break them in.

The night before I had washed the car and polished it clean - and I can tell you that those rear bumper skirts were clean as a whistle. Well, after the day at the airport, they are covered in rubber!

mini-100_3638.jpg

Perhaps, and this is just a theory, in my judicious attempt to follow directions, I heated them up too much and the centrifugal force from the high rpms of the rear wheel caused molten chunks of rubber to be deposited on my shiny paint behind the rear wheels.

I asked for evidence from some eye witnesses and was sent some videos. You can find them here... Photo Albums.

its not your fault-i sold plenty of those tires before and they are so soft that they dont last more than 1 to 2 months with a couple track burnouts and some street driving. A good burnout like yours certainly killed them but they should still hook and work.Put those tires on a another set of rims for drag and weekends and dont do burnouts-just quick hop to clean the rubber.Lower your tire pressure too when you are racing.You want an even wear and holy :q:q:q:q you worn them.lol

well i dont get what it is youre trying to say. where did you think the rubber would go?

Wow... next time spray some PAM on the skirts, keeps stuff from sticking.

looked like rust proofing to me, oem under coat?

And you mark guys are lucky try havin that crap all down the doors and on the mirrors.

I was at the track about 2 months ago and I spun to about the 1/8 mile and my fender was covered with that stuff

Wow... next time spray some PAM on the skirts, keeps stuff from sticking.

I always thought WD40 worked a little better, then just get some degreaser to take it off at the next cleaning

WD40 works too, but I heard its hard on the paint. I dunno. I have custom cut vinyl that peels right off.

Members online

No members online now.
Back