Tire help:(

iivan

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Woah haven't been on here in a while
Hey guys! I need new tires but I want them to be less cheeky on the side walls would 225/50 do the trick? I hate how my tires look right now; they look fatt :(
Aswell I want my rear tires to be a more flush with my fender will I need adapters or spacers? Thanks you gius

I have my stocks on and they are currently 235 50 17 , I willl be changing them to 245 45 17 in the front and 255 45 17 in the back

Woah haven't been on here in a while
Hey guys! I need new tires but I want them to be less cheeky on the side walls would 225/50 do the trick? I hate how my tires look right now; they look fatt :(
Aswell I want my rear tires to be a more flush with my fender will I need adapters or spacers? Thanks you gius

A 225/50 will have a big sidewall. I'd look for some 245/45's like these...

photobucket-7648-1322331949020.jpg

Thanks Ls4me i ll stick with 245 45 17 all the way around, and joilnc01 is your car lowered ? looks nice

DSC_7242.jpgDSC_7243.jpgDSC_7244.jpgDSC_7245.jpgDSC_7246.jpg

225/50/17's Hankooks Ventus S1 Noble 2, terrible name, seriously good tire. Pay no mind to the ride height, that's on eibachs. No ABS issues here, and the sidewall size is such a small amount bigger it's impossible to notice from more than 3 feet away if that.

Just do the math

245x0.45= 110mm Sidewall

225x0.50= 112mm Sidewall

Obviously you're getting a thinner tire by 20mm, but the 225 size is cheaper than 245. I saved about 50 bucks off of four vs buying the 245's. I don't drive mine hard enough to warrant 245's over 225's for any real tangible reason.

The price difference was a bit more when I bought mine a few months ago, but it's still a $40 difference.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+S1+noble2&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=25WR7H452&tab=Sizes
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+S1+noble2&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=445WR7H452XL&tab=Sizes

Of course mine already had 225's on it from the previous owner.

DSC_7242.jpg

DSC_7243.jpg

DSC_7244.jpg

DSC_7245.jpg

DSC_7246.jpg

View attachment 828463399View attachment 828463400View attachment 828463401View attachment 828463402View attachment 828463403

225/50/17's Hankooks Ventus S1 Noble 2, terrible name, seriously good tire. Pay no mind to the ride height, that's on eibachs. No ABS issues here, and the sidewall size is such a small amount bigger it's impossible to notice from more than 3 feet away if that.

Just do the math

245x0.45= 110mm Sidewall

225x0.50= 112mm Sidewall

Obviously you're getting a thinner tire by 20mm, but the 225 size is cheaper than 245. I saved about 50 bucks off of four vs buying the 245's. I don't drive mine hard enough to warrant 245's over 225's for any real tangible reason.

The price difference was a bit more when I bought mine a few months ago, but it's still a $40 difference.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+S1+noble2&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=25WR7H452&tab=Sizes
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+S1+noble2&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=445WR7H452XL&tab=Sizes

Of course mine already had 225's on it from the previous owner.
looks very nice and flush with the tire . I want this!!! But at the end of the day your car is sitting lower right?

Don't lose tread width for sidewall height. Too small a sidewall will not only reduce the quality of your ride, it will increase your chances of a pothole or similar hazard bending or breaking a wheel. The last thing you want is rubber-band thin tires protecting your wheels!

The speedo is calibrated for a 235/50/17 tire. Use this to see how different size tires will affect the speedo.

looks very nice and flush with the tire . I want this!!! But at the end of the day your car is sitting lower right?

Yeah it's lowered, thanks to LS4me. Honestly, that will make worlds of difference compared to small mm differences in sidewall height.

Don't lose tread width for sidewall height. Too small a sidewall will not only reduce the quality of your ride, it will increase your chances of a pothole or similar hazard bending or breaking a wheel. The last thing you want is rubber-band thin tires protecting your wheels!

The speedo is calibrated for a 235/50/17 tire. Use this to see how different size tires will affect the speedo.

Yes I agree completely, but in my instance I noticed I needed tires, walked outside and looked at size that was on the car, walked back inside and ordered them. Didn't even realize until later that they were slighly off the OEM size. Simply stating, no harm no foul really as long as you don't go crazy. 5mm's of side wall is probably not going to save your wheel from a pothole big enough to bend one.

Sidewall height for all the tires in question are still very close
(Stock) 235 x 0.50 = 117.5 MM's
245 x 45 = 110.25 MM's
225 x 50 = 112.5 MM's

Obviously the benefit comes from having a wider tread, and had I known, I may have gotten something different, but like I said earlier, I am not driving to the point where I am running out of tread grip on 225's.

Also a little FYI, my pursuit rated tires are 225's.

Yeah it's lowered, thanks to LS4me. Honestly, that will make worlds of difference compared to small mm differences in sidewall height.

Yes I agree completely, but in my instance I noticed I needed tires, walked outside and looked at size that was on the car, walked back inside and ordered them. Didn't even realize until later that they were slighly off the OEM size. Simply stating, no harm no foul really as long as you don't go crazy. 5mm's of side wall is probably not going to save your wheel from a pothole big enough to bend one.

Sidewall height for all the tires in question are still very close
(Stock) 235 x 0.50 = 117.5 MM's
245 x 45 = 110.25 MM's
225 x 50 = 112.5 MM's

Obviously the benefit comes from having a wider tread, and had I known, I may have gotten something different, but like I said earlier, I am not driving to the point where I am running out of tread grip on 225's.

Also a little FYI, my pursuit rated tires are 225's.

Thanks I think ima go with 225/50s even though my car is going to sit lower it's worth it since I can't stand a sidewall that sticks out . BTW I want to space my wheel out a bit so it can be a lil more flush with the rear fender. Since I'm lowered 1.5 too

Well If I had nice wheels I would intentionally get tires that had sidewall that stuck out, in the rare event you get too close to a curb you'd hear the tire scrape first and possibly have enough time to correct before the actual wheel did.

Ah looks real nice , any scraping issues ?

Nope. Only rubbed with 255/xx/20 tires

Thanks I think ima go with 225/50s even though my car is going to sit lower it's worth it since I can't stand a sidewall that sticks out . BTW I want to space my wheel out a bit so it can be a lil more flush with the rear fender. Since I'm lowered 1.5 too

I think you'll be fine with either tire. The biggest reasoning behind the 245's is size and the way it looks from behind when lowered.

Members online

Back