Tire Dimensions for 20's

LSG

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello I was wanting to put some 20's on the LS. What are the appropriate tire dimensions and lug sizes? And if I'm not mistaken the 2001 Lincoln LS v6 is a rear wheel drive. So any kind of rims will not be compatible. Thanks.

u need a frd offset i believe its a 35mm offset. the tires im ordering tomorrow for my 20s are 235-45-20 pirelli p zero, or ill save 75 bucks a tire and go with some wanli's. im going with the mega 960, heres a pic of em in chrome and black, im oging with the black, theyre asking 1700 rims and tires. hope to have em by tuesday,

rims mega 960.jpg

itsnotmydaddys said:
sorry 245-35-20

You sure you wanna ride on 35's? I can only imagine with a car as heavy as ours it would feel like riding on a racing bike. Every last bump and pebble amplified. Would look good though. Seeing is how I drive mine back and forth to work everyday and regularly put 4 kids in it I would porbably go no lower then 45's. Let us know how it works out please.

I feel the exact same way - been putting off buying 20's for my LS because of the ride quality degradation that you get going with 35% sidewalls on a 245 wide tire.
I keep on thinking that the best way to go would be to get ahold of some 19's with 245/40r19 - that would be the same size as a 245/35r20 and give you a little more air to work with, plus it's a slightly lighter rim. The downside is, of course, you cant say you've got dubs. But I think the 19's would look pretty damn close to 20's. Hard to find 19's? Yep - and the tires are a little more $.
just my 0.02$
ZB

go with the 40 series tire... i have that on my civic on 19's no problems.. ride is fine.. 45 makes you look like you've got monster truck tires.. car sits tooo high

Members online

Back