Which window trim looks best?

• keep it stock

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • just paint the top

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • paint the entire surround

Votes: 17 68.0%

• Total voters
there must be somthing wrong with your medulla oblongata, the chrome looks sick, if you dont like chrome you should have bought a mustang :D

hey Pete, how about you remove your trim with the chrome and i'll send you mine with out the chrome ;) (that is if 1st and 2nd gen are interchangable)

ALL black.

Oh and NYC LS8 your car looks awesome man. Does it rub?

Is there an advantage for using shackles to drop versus springs? I am wondering what I should do to achieve that same stance in my future. I love the little wheel gap you have.

Is blackout tape available in a size large enough for the front and rear bumper trim?

Is blackout tape available in a size large enough for the front and rear bumper trim?

Yep. I bought some 4" wide planning to cover my pillars, just haven't got around too it.

On the front of the car I don't know how stone and bug resistant it will be, but neither is paint. And you could replace yearly....

Will say that laying a wide piece can be pretty tough. I did fart around with covering the pillars alittle. Between it being so super sticky and trying to get it to lay just right.....could be hard to cover the bumper trim. If you removed and wrapped would probably work best.

I vote black.

Stock looks good.
Mixed doesn't seem right.
All black looks really clean, I like the way it contrasts with the mirror.

I finally deleted my chrome trim and pillars :D

Before:
2013-02-06_11-55-03_703_zps26768c87.gif

After
2013-02-06_11-52-38_428_zpsec8147d2-1.gif

Thanks. i used 3M™ Scotchcal™ Striping Tape 72702, Black, 1/2 in x 150 ft.

Applied it outside in good light then brought the car in and heated it with a blow dryer to get it to stick better.

and the pillar was then painted while on the car ?

looks real good man !

Thanks. i used 3M™ Scotchcal™ Striping Tape 72702, Black, 1/2 in x 150 ft.

Applied it outside in good light then brought the car in and heated it with a blow dryer to get it to stick better.

couple things:

what finish was the tape?
whered you get it?
can you get some daytime / outside pics?

The pillars were stick-ons. it was a bitch to get them off and clean the glue.

What'd you use to clean up the glue?

Did you just pry the pillars off?

What'd you use to clean up the glue?

Did you just pry the pillars off?

I used 40lb fishing line to loosen the glue until i could get a good grip and rip them off. Then a plastic putty knife and some Goof Off to get the chunks off. Then a buffing wheel drill attachment soaked in Goof Off too get the rest of the glue. PITA!

I used 40lb fishing line to loosen the glue until i could get a good grip and rip them off. Then a plastic putty knife and some Goof Off to get the chunks off. Then a buffing wheel drill attachment soaked in Goof Off too get the rest of the glue. PITA!

I'm glad to hear I'm in for a fun time this spring when I take mine off.

Members online

No members online now.
Back