tilt not working

chestnut101

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
i replaced both steering columns in my 97 and 98 marks they both had no
telescopic function. now the replacements work on telescopic but no tilt function? any help would be great. thanks ken

I told you what to do. Bang on the bottom of the wheel. Then move the switch up and down. That should free it up. Some CRC in the switch won't hurt.

tried the banging and it still not working, I have 2 mark 8s . So I can't combine them.

i replaced both steering columns in my 97 and 98 marks they both had no
telescopic function. now the replacements work on telescopic but no tilt function? any help would be great. thanks ken

They stop working from lack of use. If you get them to work, move them frequently & they will start working much better. Same thing is happening to my prairie tan. I forget to even touch it for weeks at a time so when I go move it, it's stuck. I little bump or two then it starts working again.

Now if someone would find a way to make the seats move faster, that'd be swell

Rather than "banging" on the wheel, just pull it in the direction you want it to go as you click the switch and it will sometimes start moving. I used to have the same issue and would beat it like a red headed stepchild but had no luck. Then I simply pulled it and it started moving properly. It probably won't fix it permanently, but at least you can move it when needed. Turn off auto-entry as well so you don't have to deal with it every time you get in the car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back