Tie Rod Fit?? - Mark8 or T-Bird parts

oldstick

LVC Member
Reaction score
OK, I got new UCAs and sway links installed last weekend, thanks to you guys' help. They were beyond gone and now my the worst of my front end clunking is gone too. I will try to post pics when I get time.

For the record, I searched "tie", "tie rod", and "tie rod end" and NO results came back, although I can't imagine this is correct. So now I have another question.

On the RockAuto site, they list different part numbers for the MOOG outer tie rod ends on the 98 Mark8 LSC vs the 97 T-bird. The stock photos look the same, but are these parts interchangeable? The T-Bird end is $15 less.

(They list the same MOOG part for the inner tie rod end on both vehicles.)

Edited: I should have added the part numbers they list

98 Mark VIII LSC outer tie rod end MOOG ES3169RL

97 T-Bird MOOG 3004RL

Inner rod ends for both cars show MOOG EV127

Same as rear shocks for a Mark. If you ask for Mark VIII replacement shocks, you pay the Mark VIII price, around $119 for the pair. If you ask for Monroe Sensatrac for a T-Bird, $40 lol. I put the black Monroe Sensatracs on my 95 and have not had a bit of trouble with them.

A lot of stuff that replaces "Mark VIII" parts is high $ simply because it's for a Mark VIII but at the same time, T-Bird parts will fit just the same and are the same quality. All you're paying for is the name.

Members online

Back