Thx?

214rod

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Do all the lincoln ls's with the oem navigation have the THX sound system?

The late model Navigator and MKX did as well, but he asked about LSs. Yes all LSs with OEM navigation have the THX speakers.

The late model Navigator and MKX did as well, but he asked about LSs. Yes all LSs with OEM navigation have the THX speakers.
He answered the question ("Yep."). And the LS didn't come with "THX speakers," it came with a THX Certified sound system. THX doesn't make speakers (or any other components), they only certify equipment and systems. :p ;)

He answered the question ("Yep."). And the LS didn't come with "THX speakers," it came with a THX Certified sound system. THX doesn't make speakers (or any other components), they only certify equipment and systems. :p ;)

And Pioneer made the components; at least on the LS. I don't know who makes them now; may still be Pioneer. The THX certification is a very intensive process and is fine-tuned to each car.

I didn't know that. I knew that pioneer made the components from a while ago, I think it was ls4me that said it, but I still didn't get what THX was then. So all they do is say, "THX approved" and thats it?

Didn't see the Yep. I thought he was referring to all Lincolns thats why I added the Navigator and MKX to the list. Just trying to anawer the guys question. Wasn't trying to be a 'tard.

Also I wanted to add that the speakers from my Zephyr, and current MKX all say THX on the actual speaker above the part number. Not sure about my LS though, I know at least the rear woofers don't say THX on them and they are interchangeable with the Audiophile sound system.

So all they do is say, "THX approved" and that's it?

It's a sound certification by Lucas. Been to a movie with THX sound It's the same thing.

Also I wanted to add that the speakers from my Zephyr, and current MKX all say THX on the actual speaker above the part number. Not sure about my LS though, I know at least the rear woofers don't say THX on them and they are interchangeable with the Audiophile sound system.

That plaque is just a type of advertisement. Like the Bose emblem that was on my '96 Sable.

I am talking about the back of the actual speaker above the part number (not sure if you meant the plaque on the speaker grilles as an adverisement?). I only found this out when I did Dynamat and had to pull the speakers.

Right, it is part of the THX sound system I was just posting it to show you what I meant by the THX logo on the actual back of the speaker.

Also the system in the MKX is pretty kickin'. I can't wait to hear the one in the MKS, it has 16 speakers in it.

Also a correction to my previous statement, the subwoofer in the MKX is an 8". I had mistakingly said it was a 10".

From what I have been able to gather the THX systems "employ THX certified technology" so they are not actually made by THX but rather the speakers and amplifiers meet THX standards in placement, efficiency, dispertion, THD and things like that.

I'm not sure if that is the answer our questions or not.

The speakers in a Carrolla suck compared to the THX. What are you compaing it to? Aftermaket?
The only stock systems I have ever heard that sound comaprable or better that the THX are the optional system in the Supercharged RR Sport, Shaker 1000 in the Mustang, optional stereo in the 350Z and the system in the newer Eclipse. I used to detail cars at an auto auction and I have heard many, many stock stereos (to put it mildly).

So the THX sucks compared to what?

Right, it is part of the THX sound system I was just posting it to show you what I meant by the THX logo on the actual back of the speaker.

Roger......

From what I have been able to gather the THX systems "employ THX certified technology" so they are not actually made by THX but rather the speakers and amplifiers meet THX standards in placement, efficiency, dispertion, THD and things like that.

I'm not sure if that is the answer our questions or not.

That is correct. THX is nothing more than a certification. The components can be manufactured by anyone, as long as they meet the certification in the installation.

i have the thx and i think it sucks all factory with nav

I think it a good sound system. It sounds great, has good bass, and it all goes well together. I have friends with new cars and their sound systems dont come close to the thx, 6 years old and I can still compete, if not surpass their stock systems. Even my friendss bose system in his G37, loud, sounds real clear even when he blasts it, but it's just missing something, I dont know what it is though.

You can't compare it to aftermarket cause you can just drop thousands to build your own set up to blow away any stock system, but then it would be fair game

i love the jbl system in my mark viii sounds amazing. and i added a 10" woofer for that bass and im more then happy like you have no idea. perfect stereo IMO 4 5x7's 4 3' tweeters(i replaced the tweeters) and 1 10" sub.

i love the jbl system in my mark viii sounds amazing. and i added a 10" woofer for that bass and im more then happy like you have no idea. perfect stereo IMO 4 5x7's 4 3' tweeters(i replaced the tweeters) and 1 10" sub.

i'm not going to lie, the setup in my mark was one of the best platforms for a sound system i have ever had, the placement off all the speakers is great, i just used 6x8 components for the fronts and enlarged the rear 6x8 holes to fit a 6x9. damn i miss that car

Members online

Back