this one is for QUIKLS

LennDawg

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
hey Quick, i was wondering if i am doing something wrong with these HiLite bulbs i just got from ebay, same ones as you...

i put in my fogs and the high beams, i believe they are the 9005s... and i put in the low/regular beams which i believe are the 9006s (the capped ones) and they do not work... i put my regular stock ones back in and they work fine... the 2 other pairs are fine but the one pair for my low beams do not work at all...

is there a trick to this, or something i am doing wrong???

is your switch pulled out to turn the fogs on.. sorry i'm not quik ls.. but you never know

Motts said:
is your switch pulled out to turn the fogs on.. sorry i'm not quik ls.. but you never know

my fogd are working fine, its the regular low beams that arent working at all...

his factory bulbs are working fine but when he puts the new ones in they dont work, they snap in and everything just dont come on. real weird i have no clue

LennDawg said:
hey Quick, i was wondering if i am doing something wrong with these HiLite bulbs i just got from ebay, same ones as you...

i put in my fogs and the high beams, i believe they are the 9005s... and i put in the low/regular beams which i believe are the 9006s (the capped ones) and they do not work... i put my regular stock ones back in and they work fine... the 2 other pairs are fine but the one pair for my low beams do not work at all...

is there a trick to this, or something i am doing wrong???
If the others are working especially the high beams then the low beam bulbs must be bad. The high beams are part of the same wiring harness so if a fuse was blown they would not work. I'd say you got a set of defective bulbs.

GrayGhost1 said:
If the others are working especially the high beams then the low beam bulbs must be bad. The high beams are part of the same wiring harness so if a fuse was blown they would not work. I'd say you got a set of defective bulbs.

hey Ken... why do these things always happen to me?? haha hopefully this guy will send me a new pair, but now im going to have to spend more money shipping it back and waiting another week and a half for another pair :Bang

thats the risk with ebay tho, it may seem easy at the time but in the end may bit you in the ass.

LennDawg said:
hey Ken... why do these things always happen to me?? haha hopefully this guy will send me a new pair, but now im going to have to spend more money shipping it back and waiting another week and a half for another pair :Bang
Stuff happens I guess. You'll get a bad apple or two in just about any kind of electronic item. Also, those bulbs you purchased are made by the hundreds of thousands so the PPM (parts per million) defect rate is probably high.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll replace them if they are a reputable business.

That's amazing that he would have TWO bad bulbs. Do they have the EXACT connections as the stock bulbs? Are you positive you are getting a good connection? It almost sounds like the bulbs are wired different or something. If they are both bad, you have to be the unluckiest person in the world! LOL

2001LS8Sport said:
That's amazing that he would have TWO bad bulbs. Do they have the EXACT connections as the stock bulbs? Are you positive you are getting a good connection? It almost sounds like the bulbs are wired different or something. If they are both bad, you have to be the unluckiest person in the world! LOL

yupp, they are both bad... i hooked em up to this tester thing and they got absolutely no juice at all runnin thru them... hooked up the others and the stock bulbs, and the tester pings (telling you they got juice)... jus my luck

Sorry to hear that - we've had very good luck with them. Good news is that we have also have very good luck with the vendor - he has replace several of them no questions asked. One friend dropped one, one plug another in while the lights were on.... all our fault and he replaced them.

Quik LS said:
Sorry to hear that - we've had very good luck with them. Good news is that we have also have very good luck with the vendor - he has replace several of them no questions asked. One friend dropped one, one plug another in while the lights were on.... all our fault and he replaced them.

well thats good news to hear... i wrote him about it yesterday and havnt heard from him yet... hopefully i will be hearing some good news from him soon cause it sucks driving around with the stock halogen beams... sometimes i jus drive with my angel eyes on and the fogs haha looks pretty cool...

Members online

No members online now.
Back